Newbie Cell Phone Questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you already know that I finally got a cell phone, and am no longer on dialup (woohoo!). And the hotspot for my computer is rock solid now. I connect it when I turn on the phone in the morning, and it stays connected until/unless I disconnect it or turn the phone off.

The cell phone is a "Moto e" (Motorola) with Android OS.

My problems with it are largely self-inflicted by fat-fingered navigation. Mostly, I turn stuff on/off or open it accidently.

However... I accidently removed the Google search bar from the home screen, and I have no idea how to get it back. I know how to drag stuff from the app list onto the home screen(s), but I can't find the search bar anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks. :drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I mostly use Google search on my computer. I've tried Duck Duck Go, but am not a fan.
:drunk2:
Google rules your online life. They listen to you when you think the app is off line.
We talk about doing something or going somewhere in the truck and initiate the google app.
The first suggestion is the one you were talking about.
It can't read your mind. It has to be listening.
Everything we do is duckduck go now.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google rules your online life. They listen to you when you think the app is off line.
We talk about doing something or going somewhere in the truck and initiate the google app.
The first suggestion is the one you were talking about.
It can't read your mind. It has to be listening.
Everything we do is duckduck go now.
The phone has settings for suggestions & stuff. I turned 'em off.

Are you talking about the mic that was on the google bar? I've not used it, but I think you have to poke it to work, or allow screen permissions somewhere. This don't have Alexis or whatever.

Anywho... I'm tuckered out. Y'all have a good night.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The phone has settings for suggestions & stuff. I turned 'em off.

Are you talking about the mic that was on the google bar? I've not used it, but I think you have to poke it to work, or allow screen permissions somewhere. This don't have Alexis or whatever.

Anywho... I'm tuckered out. Y'all have a good night.
Keep using google and you will understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom