Newbie for this preppers stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Republiman

New to the site!
Reaction score
When I first moved to Norman back in 1987 to go to school, there was a terrible ice storm and I was living in an all electric apartment. Had to cook soup on the balcony with my charcoal grill. Almost froze for several days.
A resident had an over head camper in a pick up. He told me he had just brewed a pot of coffee and asked if I would like a cup? I’ll never forget the mood booster that was for me, and I told myself back then that I would make a point to be better prepared for emergencies. Doesn’t really take much to become somewhat prepared. Simple preps have gotten me out of several binds since then.
You can dive in to prepping as deep or as shallow as you want. I would advise you to take a long look at what you’d want to continue in an emergency. And then build from there. The really is peace of mind even being minimally prepared, such as making coffee when the lights go out.
Good luck!🍀

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen to some of the simple things in an emergency!!!

I remember one massive ice storm.

Second or third night into it, the heater circuit board died.

That night just sitting in front of a blazing fire in the fireplace instead of freezing my ass off cause the heat was off was amazing.

Dave

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most Farmers, hunters, and gardeners will have some preps whether they are aware of it or not.

The land owner with a good stand of trees always has a supply of wood for fuel, even just the branches falling to the ground and dead stuff.

Since I am way up north we never have problems with the natural gas supply freezing.

I tell my friends that unless there is a earthquake close by us that breaks the natural gas line, chances are the gas will continue to flow.

I been wanting to get a kit together to be able to run my generator off of natural gas too. With wells on the property, chances are slim the supply will be interupted!

Latest posts

Top Bottom