Newbie SBR ? and being a police officer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigthumper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I got a hell of a deal (more like free) on a M&P lower and was think about building a SBR with it...

So here's the question.... I understand all the paper work and fees but is there a difference since I’m in law enforcement? Even tho I’m building it for myself but I will possibly carry it in the trunk for duty if approved by the chief?

Thanks Shelby

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I got a hell of a deal (more like free) on a M&P lower and was think about building a SBR with it...

So here's the question.... I understand all the paper work and fees but is there a difference since I’m in law enforcement? Even tho I’m building it for myself but I will possibly carry it in the trunk for duty if approved by the chief?

Thanks Shelby

If you are building it for yourself, it does not matter if you are LE. Paperwork, wait time, tax, etc.. is the same.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As he said, no difference in the process. Just make sure that the Chief and policy/procedure allow it and the Administration will back you in it's use should you have to use it.

I recommend using a barrel that is factory built. I built an AR with an 10.5 barrel that started by cutting a 16" barrel down. Had nothing but troubles with gas ports and the gas system. Finally went to a factory built barrel and all the problems went away.

bigthumper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As he said, no difference in the process. Just make sure that the Chief and policy/procedure allow it and the Administration will back you in it's use should you have to use it.

I recommend using a barrel that is factory built. I built an AR with an 10.5 barrel that started by cutting a 16" barrel down. Had nothing but troubles with gas ports and the gas system. Finally went to a factory built barrel and all the problems went away.

Oh trust me I will make sure the Chief approves it first and yes it will be a factory built upper

Latest posts

Top Bottom