Newbs in Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure where to put this. If it needs to be moved elsewhere please do so.

I recently posted 2 ARs for sale and have had a handful of people contact me on them but they are all brand new accounts or accounts that have been around for a while but zero activity. This is the first time I’ve experienced this. Is anyone else having this occur?

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I had a guy who’s very first activity on the site was lowballing me on a sig. I had it up for trade anyway. Reading is obviously not his strong suit.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s happened quite a bit. In addition, some noobs and even established members don’t seem to know how to send PM’s but instead make offers directly in the ads. Often with their personal phone numbers. I’ve dealt with a couple of new people that were fine. As long as the site owner continues to allow people with no post history to post in the classifieds this will continue to be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if I ever DO buy anything here it will be posted publicly for the record first. And, I flatly will ignore anyone who locks replies and insists on everything being private and cladestine. But that's just the way I do business, up front so I can come back and bounce out a no show or some creep.
That's just me. I'm not worried about my phone number. You can feel free do whatever you want.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We can only suggest you deal with established members. I know new members have to start somewhere, but the classifieds isn't that "somewhere" imo. Lately newbs in the classifieds hasn't been as much of a problem as long established members feeling like they need to save everyone by commenting that the asking price is too high, buy it or move along. Let me say this again...........

If you want to buy the firearm, buy it, if you don't move along, you don't need to comment unless you're interested or have a legitimate question(s).........you don't need to save other OSA members from a price that may be too high, everyone of us is capable of doing our own research about pricing during this time. Same goes for ammo, buy it, ask a question if need be or move along. I'll also remind everyone that with every classified ad you create, you are capable of locking the thread so that others can only contact you by PM if that's what you desire.........should you leave the thread unlocked, you also have the ability to delete any unwanted post in your thread. Enjoy your evening folks! :) :)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well, if I ever DO buy anything here it will be posted publicly for the record first. And, I flatly will ignore anyone who locks replies and insists on everything being private and cladestine. But that's just the way I do business, up front so I can come back and bounce out a no show or some creep.
That's just me. I'm not worried about my phone number. You can feel free do whatever you want.

You’ve been a member since 1/14 but sounds like you’ve got it all figured out. [emoji23] Most of us leave positive or negative feedback for members we have transactions with but thanks for letting us know we can do whatever you we want. How do you bounce someone out?

There is nothing clandestine about PM’s and it keeps people from “bouncing”their ad back to the top without waiting for the required time to relist. Any purchase or sale should be in accordance with state and federal law. That’s on the seller and buyer and has nothing to do with posting publicly here If “you ever do” buy anything and it bothers you I’d recommend asking for a bill of sale. I’ve seen some users post their meet up locations, phone numbers, and other private stuff in the forum. I’d caution against that but to each their own. I’m kind of new here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we have had 1 member that had his gun stolen when meeting for a FTF set up on here. I had a brand spanking new member pm out of the blue trying to buy a gun. (Turns out it was about a gun someone else posted)
Classifieds and privileges for classifieds has been brought up often lately. The only change has been a fee to allow a higher quantity of ads to be posted. Any other changes has been quickly brushed aside without any discussion (with the owner) or polling of members.
Okuma sent a PM requesting monetary support to keep OSA up and running. I replied with PM asking of any changes would be considered for the classifieds, and asked if the majority opinion of members would be considered for changes. I would like to see supporting members having a voice in some of the issues. Crickets.... My assumption is enough supporters threw enough money his way that 1 more donation wasn't worth a reply.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing clandestine about PM’s

You do what ever you want Bud. When it involves guns, sums of cash and some fair driving distance for me I'm going to want to talk to you first. not just tippy tappin messages.
You don't have to worry about me mate. In my short time here I have only see one thing I was mildly interested in. You won't have to bother the way you want to transact with me and a locked thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom