Next Appleseed: Excalibur Sporting Goods in Afton, OK, September 18-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am proud to announce our newest Appleseed shoot location... Excalibur Sporting Goods Range in Afton, OK. This is a recently-opened range and gun shop, and the owner, Mike, graciously invited us out to use his outstanding new facilities. Excalibur has a full-service gun shop, so ammunition of all types will be available for purchase on-site. Mike also will be stocking all the LTR fixins... tech sights, GI web slings, 1 1/4 sling swivels/studs, as well as actual rifles, of course -- Ruger 10/22s, Marlin 795s, Remington 597s, and AR-15s, to name a few... and even several fully-assembled Liberty Training Rifles, built on the excellent Marlin 795 platform! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Excalibur also offers concealed carry classes twice per month, so they have a nice air-conditioned classroom for us to conduct teaching in... an Oklahoma Appleseed first! As we all know, it's pretty hot in mid-September in Oklahoma, but this will take the edge off... and it will be nice for anybody who needs to take a breather.

This shoot is also an hour or less from Tulsa! Didn't I promise you guys? Promise kept! You Tulsa folk better show up now... no more excuses!

OK... here is the really cool part guys... I know Appleseed is all about rifles, but for this shoot, don't leave your shotguns at home either... Mike is going to open up his clay pigeon range in the afternoon after the instruction is over! He is currently building a whole trap shooting setup, but he still has a nice electric pigeon thrower.

Feel free to head out and shoot at the range and check it out. It is open all day long. Bring your pistol, rifle, or shotgun. You can call Excalibur at (918) 257-4126. It is located at 24100 S. 510 Rd., Afton, OK.

Here are the links for the Event Information Page and the Registration link.

Event Info: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=15813.0

Ask anybody who shot at Chickasha last weekend with us... you will have a great time and will walk away with a lot more skill with a rifle, no matter what your current skill level is. Of course, we are family friendly, so bring the whole crew.

Drag your buddies out, and we will put you all together on the line.

If you master the Army Qualification Test by shooting an Expert score, you will be honored with the RWVA's Rifleman patch (we shoot an older version of the test, from the era of the M1 and M14).

Also, for those who don't know, the "Appleseed challenge" is open at any time for all you badasses out there. If you score "Expert" on the AQT on the first try, before the event, you shoot with us for free and of course receive untold amounts of admiration and glory. Any takers can PM me.

See you on the firing line,

henschman

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask anybody who shot at Chickasha last weekend with us... you will have a great time and will walk away with a lot more skill with a rifle, no matter what your current skill level is. Of course, we are family friendly, so bring the whole crew.

I can vouch for the Chickasha shoot, I went with 3 of my brother-in-laws, it was HOT but we met some good folks and we had a good time. I was also able to see marked improvement in my shooting, I definitely wasn't in any danger of getting a rifleman patch shooting AQT :blush: but there is no question I improved.

It was great to see so many kids out there too, if I'd started at that age I'd be a lot better shot today.

Wear a shirt with a collar if you can - I lost count of the itty bitty brass burns on my neck and arm.:pms2:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We get started at 8:30 in the morning, and we shoot until 4 o'clock or so... sometimes earlier, sometimes later, depending on how the shooters are feeling.

Sometimes we call the event officially over for the day, but allow anyone who wants to stay and shoot to do so, along with instructors who are wanting some trigger time.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Looks like this event will be nice and cool ..lol Great I will be looking forward to not stickin to everything from being so wet..Besides that I want my jacket back I have alot of brass burns on my arms..I guess i'll find if my birdguns still on aswell 4MOA with a shotgun? lol I hope to seeya afew of you there and if you get there early say hi to the old man in the red ranger he's always there first huh EPPIE?? Thanks for all the support in this past year ..We love seeing the kids come back to shoot more ..Beats the Playstation and it alot more fun .....Seeya soon I will be pretty wornout by then seems we have a shoot in Waterman Ill. sept 11th and a shoot somewhere else before this one ..well pm me if I can help any 580-278-4942 I'm always around to help can anytime ..thats until deer season then plz hold off till lunch lol deers hear the cellphone lol...And No a buck call ringtone wont work I tryed it once ..lol Once....But the turkey call tone called them right in lol ...

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
It helps with the setup and having the sizes of shirts..We can do everything at the door Saturday morning ..But Pre reg is the way to go ..Some location only have so many slots,.. we have seen location sellout..

Its fast easy and secure just print the ticket and walk up..
Hope that helps..

Latest posts

Top Bottom