NFA Gun Trust question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious because I don’t know the answer: can others ever be in possession of your non-trust owned items without doing a transfer / stamp process?

No. This was one of the benefits of a trust. You cannot loan your suppressor/SBR to someone else.

<edit> Someone else can USE it in your PRESENCE... but the owner of the stamp has to be physically present. Thus, the idea that multiple people in control of a trust could use an item covered under a stamp issued to a trust SHOULD be ok.

Again... not a lawyer - but this is how it was explained to me BY the lawyer who wrote my trust.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The information for passing along non-trust items is something I didn’t know and had wondered about. Thanks. However, it doesn’t apply to me since all items are in the trust.

The posts I made above were focused on the requirements to add and remove people from a trust which would allow for friends and family to be in legal possession of the class 3 items owned by the trust; I would just need to amend the trust. This is really the only benefit I can see for a trust other than the smooth and immediate transition of the class 3 items to others listed in the trust, for whatever reason including my death.

Just curious because I don’t know the answer: can others ever be in possession of your non-trust owned items without doing a transfer / stamp process?

Edit: Also, who can legally possess the non-trust class 3 items in the event of the owners death while another person is waiting for the approval process? Again, asking because I’ve got no idea.

1. while I think you can still add and subtract people at will. If you buy/mfg anything new after xx/xx/xxxx date you must send the RPQ form and print cards.

2. As to who can possess a non-trust item after death is the executor of the estate. whether listed in the will or appointed by the court
I bought several over the years and the person signing put executor by their signature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom