1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

NFA Gun Trust question

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by ithrowicecubes, Oct 2, 2020.

1. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    No. This was one of the benefits of a trust. You cannot loan your suppressor/SBR to someone else.

<edit> Someone else can USE it in your PRESENCE... but the owner of the stamp has to be physically present. Thus, the idea that multiple people in control of a trust could use an item covered under a stamp issued to a trust SHOULD be ok.

Again... not a lawyer - but this is how it was explained to me BY the lawyer who wrote my trust.

OKCHunter likes this.
  2. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    1. while I think you can still add and subtract people at will. If you buy/mfg anything new after xx/xx/xxxx date you must send the RPQ form and print cards.

2. As to who can possess a non-trust item after death is the executor of the estate. whether listed in the will or appointed by the court
    I bought several over the years and the person signing put executor by their signature.

OKCHunter likes this.
  3. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  4. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Can one not get a new trust when buying a new class 3 firearm or suppressor? Asking for a friend.

5. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%