NFA Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So my buddy moved from Kansas to Oklahoma last month. He has a scorpion EVO s3 that is registered as an SBR and a suppressor for it. He knew he had to notify the ATF, but didn’t know he needed PRIOR on the SBR but not that suppressor. Now he isn’t sure what to do. Any advice I could pass along? I told him to make sure it doesn’t leave his safe until it is taken care of. Maybe he should go to an SOT?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my buddy moved from Kansas to Oklahoma last month. He has a scorpion EVO s3 that is registered as an SBR and a suppressor for it. He knew he had to notify the ATF, but didn’t know he needed PRIOR on the SBR but not that suppressor. Now he isn’t sure what to do. Any advice I could pass along? I told him to make sure it doesn’t leave his safe until it is taken care of. Maybe he should go to an SOT?

So by now you know he should have left it there if he had to move before approval. Or if it was created as an SBR from a pistol on a form 1, return it to pistol status by removing the stock and or forward grip, and wait for approval 5320.20 before reassembly (and I would have someone hold the stock$

He has already created a ATF violation bey transporting it over state lines as a SBR.

He has to chose whether to keep in violation or simulate one of the previous available options.

2) If he has a trusted person in Kansas, secure it in a locked container that only the owner has access too and give the trusted person the container to hold. Also give him a copy of the form 1/4. Go pick it up once the 5320.20 is approved.

3) Rent a bank safe deposit box in Kansas and secure it there with copy of form 1/4 and wait for approval.

4) Return to pistol status if applicable.

4) Submit the 5320.20 and cross his fingers.

Verify my info, but that’s the way I understand the rules.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So by now you know he should have left it there if he had to move before approval. Or if it was created as an SBR from a pistol on a form 1, return it to pistol status by removing the stock and or forward grip, and wait for approval 5320.20 before reassembly (and I would have someone hold the stock$

He has already created a ATF violation bey transporting it over state lines as a SBR.

He has to chose whether to keep in violation or simulate one of the previous available options.

2) If he has a trusted person in Kansas, secure it in a locked container that only the owner has access too and give the trusted person the container to hold. Also give him a copy of the form 1/4. Go pick it up once the 5320.20 is approved.

3) Rent a bank safe deposit box in Kansas and secure it there with copy of form 1/4 and wait for approval.

4) Return to pistol status if applicable.

4) Submit the 5320.20 and cross his fingers.

Verify my info, but that’s the way I understand the rules.

He did illegally bring it here as an SBR. So at this point, I think the best course of action would be to remove the stock and take it to his dads (just to be safe). File his transfer form. Then go get stock once he gets his approval.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He did illegally bring it here as an SBR. So at this point, I think the best course of action would be to remove the stock and take it to his dads (just to be safe). File his transfer form. Then go get stock once he gets his approval.

They way I understand it, that only works if it was not a factory SBR. If it started life as a pistol, that will work.

I have 2 MPX SBRs. One in each category.

Latest posts

Top Bottom