NFA legal SBR, well Firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting here imagining a guy firing and letting off immediately. I wonder if he's a guy who really stays in control of his firearm all the way through or he's one that pulls the trigger and lets off immediately after he pulls it. If he's the latter, reckon where that barrel is pointed? Maybe a lil further down range? Over a backstop if any? Kinda funny, I'm not one that usually worried bout things but a trigger firing on pull and release could indeed make things interesting. This make sense?
The military folks do a pretty good job of muzzle control using the three round burst function of an M-16. Much more controllable than the full rock and roll from my day. We were encouraged to fire no more than three rounds, but it was tough letting off. Pretty much a waste of ammo though in reality.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The military folks do a pretty good job of muzzle control using the three round burst function of an M-16. Much more controllable than the full rock and roll from my day. We were encouraged to fire no more than three rounds, but it was tough letting off. Pretty much a waste of ammo though in reality.
But these push/pull triggers are available to any fella that want one cuz it's cool? I'm far from wanting any sort of gun control type stuff but if some yahoo that ain't got a clue can have something like this......? Maybe I'm just worrying too much. It's sure a tough balance between what is legal and what's just not very safe. More and more folks growing up gun dumb and buying cool stuff that is designed for a more seasoned shooter makes me a tick nervous. Am I totally off topic and missing something?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Am I totally off topic and missing something?
Nope, not off topic at all. I think with the cost of these triggers about $450 if I remember correctly, that is certainly a limiting factor that assists in keeping the average snuffy from just tossing one on his Tavor.. But then again, if he has a Tavor, he might have enough sense to use one. Like Dennis said earlier, they would be a bit weird to me with all that trigger reset training. A gentleman had one at the Ponca City ENS, I forget who, I did not shoot it, but @tRidiot did I think, maybe he will chime in here soon.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, not off topic at all. I think with the cost of these triggers about $450 if I remember correctly, that is certainly a limiting factor that assists in keeping the average snuffy from just tossing one on his Tavor.. But then again, if he has a Tavor, he might have enough sense to use one. Like Dennis said earlier, they would be a bit weird to me with all that trigger reset training. A gentleman had one at the Ponca City ENS, I forget who, I did not shoot it, but @tRidiot did I think, maybe he will chime in here soon.

I wish! This thing would rock my Tavor! So far, no binary for that platform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom