NFA legal SBR, well Firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That whole 3-5 second burst never went well..... M-16 would rise to the right every time!!
A 20 round burst would bring the muzzle so far off target it was crazy, but the muzzle cage for 16's is designed to reduce flash, not reduce the effects of recoil which drove the military to make the 3 round option which you well know the history of. My comments for general history.
A properly clocked muzzle brake on full auto can put every round in a small circle which would also result in everybody in the area becoming deaf. I've seen pics of some of the SF's using brakes. I hope they have some superior hearing protection.
I RO'd during an indoor match once where the shooter had a Rolling Thunder Muzzle brake installed. Even with plugs and muffs over them, my ears rang for the rest of the night. Horribly loud.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a guess/assumption or have they announced it?

That was a guess I saw a few days ago. Yesterday, TTAG briefly posted that it was a smooth bore, but then pulled the post. Outdoor Hub's description seems to contradict both.

I think, since it involves "patent pending technology", that it involves the barrel. Possibly some new kind of rifling that isn't technically rifling. If it were some combination of binary trigger and OAL, anyone could build their own once the specs were widely known. Similar to the Mossberg Shockwave, there is something in the manufacturing process that threads every needle that the NFA requires.

The official announcement is supposed to take place at 1030 PST.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But these push/pull triggers are available to any fella that want one cuz it's cool? I'm far from wanting any sort of gun control type stuff but if some yahoo that ain't got a clue can have something like this......? Maybe I'm just worrying too much. It's sure a tough balance between what is legal and what's just not very safe. More and more folks growing up gun dumb and buying cool stuff that is designed for a more seasoned shooter makes me a tick nervous. Am I totally off topic and missing something?

I understand where you're coming from, but this kind of reasoning is identical to the hand wringing that every "Gun Violence Prevention" douche bag uses when talking about any and every type of firearm. I'm reminded of everyone telling Ralphie that he'll shoot his eye out with a Red Ryder BB gun...

This isn't a personal criticism, so I hope no one takes it as such. I don't go to public shooting ranges because I worry about the "yahoo that ain't got a clue", but I will defend the yahoo's right to own the gun.

What is legal and what is not is clearly defined by the 2nd Amendment. Anything else is open for discussion, but let's not conflate what is "legal" and what is "a good idea".

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going off of this article HERE... Really hoping that isn't the reason behind non-nfa on this one

Just read that article, it corroborates the TFB article.

While I'm disappointed in the reveal, I have to give Franklin Armory credit for generating some excitement and interest in further emasculating the SBR requirements of the NFA. I won't buy a Reformation, and I don't see it being a bit hit for FA, but I don't think that was the point. If a Reformation and an 11.5" SBR were sitting on a table side by side, nobody not privy to the secret sauce could pick out the "non-SBR". To me, if reinforces the primal stupidity of SBR requirements without introducing the "intent to shoulder" stipulations of an AR pistol with a brace.

I love this video from MAC, and I see the Reformation as a variation on the NFA Nut Kicker theme.\

https://www.full30.com/video/af03cb45490d56506931ddb3c52817d7

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, but this kind of reasoning is identical to the hand wringing that every "Gun Violence Prevention" douche bag uses when talking about any and every type of firearm. I'm reminded of everyone telling Ralphie that he'll shoot his eye out with a Red Ryder BB gun...

This isn't a personal criticism, so I hope no one takes it as such. I don't go to public shooting ranges because I worry about the "yahoo that ain't got a clue", but I will defend the yahoo's right to own the gun.

What is legal and what is not is clearly defined by the 2nd Amendment. Anything else is open for discussion, but let's not conflate what is "legal" and what is "a good idea".
I agree with you and when I mentioned balance between legal and a good idea I meant like this: There are lots of things that are legal or can be legal that may not be such a great idea. But, I get that if we start trying to stop folks from having things that may not be a good idea, then we open a whole new can o worms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom