1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

NFA question

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by lasher, Dec 2, 2016.

1. lasher

lasher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm new to the board and it's protocols. Very soon I will be acting as an agent in the sale/transfer of a registered machine gun. The gun is in Oklahoma and an in state transfer would be easiest to accomplish and am wondering if advertising it here in the classified area is acceptable. The owner travels extensively is the reason for my involvement, i'll do the leg work and he would (of course) do the transfer. Will likely use Wilshire Gun Range to handle the paper work.

2. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Not sure what your question is. Can you advertise Class III stuff in the Classifieds section? Yes. When you say acting as an agent, do you mean just a go-between? I think that would be acceptable, but if you aren't authorized to hold or use the weapon (as in, a trustee, if it's in a trust), then you can't do much besides put two parties in contact with each other.

This is why I like my trust, I can easily add or drop individuals at any time.

3. POKE1911

POKE1911 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Good question - someone will post the answer soon. I'm not sure anymore, it used to be against the rules to sell for someone else. The rules have changed though and I have seen listings, saying selling for a buddy.

4. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Right, it used to be you had to have the item in your possession to advertise it. I'm not sure about that aspect of it now. I'm not so sure it's a big deal to openly be acting as a 3rd-party/go-between. Personally, I don't have a problem with it on a big-ticket item like Class III stuff.

POKE1911 likes this.
  5. POKE1911

POKE1911 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Especially if it allows OKshooter folks a chance to obtain the firearm instead of just going to armslist or gunbroker.

6. lasher

lasher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    my role in this is helping to liquidate items from the owner's collection. obviously i cannot sell the weapon, but as he travels extensively he has asked me arrange potential buyers and himself a chance to get together. for instance he's in town until monday, monday he travels to venezuela. and he simply does not have the time to put into selling parts of his collection. his time is more valuable to him, i'm retired and have time on my hands LOL , also my role will be to weed out tire kickers.

7. Mr10mm

Mr10mm Sharpshooter

Well what is it and why do you need Wilshire Gun Range to handle the paper work?

8. lasher

lasher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    it's a registered fleming receiver MP5, wishire will handle the the transfer paperwork just to be certain all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

9. Mr10mm

Mr10mm Sharpshooter

Crap, out of my price range. you might try subguns.com if it doesn't sale here.

10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    There're a lot of people here who might be in the market.