NFA sales from individual to individual?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person decides to sell a FA and suppressor to another OK resident, we do not have to go through a class III dealer, correct? I was just wondering in case I decide to sell something.
Thanks

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person decides to sell a FA and suppressor to another OK resident, we do not have to go through a class III dealer, correct? I was just wondering in case I decide to sell something.
Thanks

Form 4, application for tax-paid transfer and registration.

You would be the transferor, and buyer would be the transferee.

The transferee is the one who needs the LEO certification and answers the list of questions (are you a fugitive, are you addicted to drugs, etc). The Transferor (You) hopefully matches the name in the NFA database.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true. I've transferred a number of things individual to individual. No dealer needed in state. The best FTF transactions are when stamps come back and you pick up your new MG at a Quik Trip.

Rob

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if you are the one buying from an individual, do you still have to wait the 60 or 90 days for the turn around like you would if you bought it from a Dealer? I'm a little unclear about that one. Whats the process besides just Form 4.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if you are the one buying from an individual, do you still have to wait the 60 or 90 days for the turn around like you would if you bought it from a Dealer? I'm a little unclear about that one. Whats the process besides just Form 4.

Basically, the buyer has to go thru all the same steps that you had to go thru when you were the buyer.

Difference is that when the forms come back, you guys meet up and you hand over the MG. or you mail it to them.

The buyer has to get the CLEO sign off, fingerprints, photo and citizenship form (unless they are an FFL holder). Someone has to write a check for 200 bucks and someone has to send it in.

Wait time is about the same as any other transaction. LOONNNGGGG.

Dave

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am not sure but I have thought about selling my Uzi and suppressor to take care of some things like getting a vehicle running. Then again, it dawns on me and I say oh hell- what am I thinking???

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am not sure but I have thought about selling my Uzi and suppressor to take care of some things like getting a vehicle running. Then again, it dawns on me and I say oh hell- what am I thinking???

Oh hell no! Never sell a machine gun unles buying another machine gun!!!!!:hellno::NO:

Latest posts

Top Bottom