NFA SBR engraving question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a friend ( love how this sounds) he is in the process of buying a bench top 3D CNC and was wandering if when he does his form 1 does the NFA engraving info have to be done by a FFL of can and individual do it themselves IF they have the equipment to do it?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a friend ( love how this sounds) he is in the process of buying a bench top 3D CNC and was wandering if when he does his form 1 does the NFA engraving info have to be done by a FFL of can and individual do it themselves IF they have the equipment to do it?

He can do it himself. Just make sure he reviews the requirements.

Iratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks T, I lost my account in 04 and didnt have access to the old email so figured id get back on here. I wasnt going to buy the cnc just for this but would be a cool perk :patriot:

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Like I said he's looking at buying a small bench top 3d cnc for some other things and wasn't sure if he could do his own engraving. Once again thanks for the info and I will let him know.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A prison inmate could engrave the serial number, as long as you could legally get it to him, and get it back. Just follow the rules for size and depth of engraving that is posted on NFA website. I always go slightly larger and deeper (just ask my wife [emoji854]), incase new regulations in the future.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom