NightVyxen will not be down for lunch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it was, we were married Oct 31st 2008 so it has been 10 years.

And thanks for the food offer. Right now I don't have any place to put it and the way things are going I won't be paying the rent next month anyway.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You REALLY need to contact SS to get things straightened out. Since she passed in Feb, you may not get one for her in March. There should be a small amount of death benefits though, a few hundred dollars IIRC.

Check your PMs.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nightshade, I went through the loss of my wife a few years back and believe me, you'll never get over it but you will get better with the help of God and staying busy. I went to church and met other people which kept my mind occupied and worked hard at whatever I did. The hole is there but it's not as sore as it once was. I still fondly think of her as you certainly will of your wife for years to come. May God comfort and aid you during your time of trouble and sorrow.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at the SS office today, not eligible for anything other than a one time until I turn 50. Told them to put it in a different account...

I just have to figure out how to make everything work, sadly they don't give you a couple months to get it all done. Thank you though guys, I am making it day by day. Not sleeping well and most every time I eat I am nearly sick. Last night I drank a ginger beer, not alcoholic it's just a strong ginger soda, for the first time since it happened I hate half a sandwich and didn't feel like I was going to be sick. Sucks that they are two bucks a bottle though. One of the girls who has been trying to look after me gave me some ginger candy chews that has helped some as well. I may pick up some ground ginger and put some in water with a little honey and see if it helps.

I don't want to get stuck getting drunk or taking something to sleep right now. When its really bad I take a couple benadryl but even then I try not to do it continuously.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang in there, my man. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks, I am hanging in there for now. Most everything there isn't much that can be done. When I tried to revive her I think I tore my AC some more in my shoulder. She was sitting up and I maneuvered her so that I could attempt CPR. Don't feel like dealing with it right now I will just deal with the pain and numbness. What I would like no one can do for me.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read this post many times and it makes me well up every time. I wish I could say that I'm sorry for your loss and those words would bring you comfort. The only thing I can do is direct you to 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. I hope that you are a believer and this brings you comfort. I lost my mom in July of 2018 and my dad passed due to stage 4 cancer of the liver March 12, 2019. I have experienced the comfort that only comes from the "God of all comfort."

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you and I feel for your loss as well. Her daughter is here now and starts crying at different times especially in the house. I just hold her and tell her I know. She is taking it very hard and I can get her to laugh or crack a smile whenever I want as I always could for Shauna, every time she does smile I see her mother... It hurts but it also makes me happy in some ways.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I am hanging in there for now. Most everything there isn't much that can be done. When I tried to revive her I think I tore my AC some more in my shoulder. She was sitting up and I maneuvered her so that I could attempt CPR. Don't feel like dealing with it right now I will just deal with the pain and numbness. What I would like no one can do for me.
Preacherman, I wish I could have said the same thing about my Mom and Dad passing, I never knew my Dad, I last seen him at age 8 and age 34 before that it was age 2 and my Mom was a hard woman who never told me she loved me or hugged me as a child. In fact she was pretty rough with me, held me over a bridge once over a railroad viaduct by my feet with all those trains below. I was just a little guy then about age 3 But I've never forgotten it and I'm 75 today. I didn't got o my Dad's funeral but did attend my Mom's but it was emotionless and I've never been to the cemetery to visit her grave. I know it's just a place she is buried but hopefully the soul is in Heaven. The cemetery is nothing but a parking place I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom