NightVyxen will not be down for lunch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your loss. February 28 is a marked date in my family as well. That was my dad's birthday and also passed on his birthday in 2003. 2-28-47 to 2-28-03.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just seen this I feel so much sorrow for you my nose is running and my eyes are crying I hate to know the pain you are going through. My Prayers and thoughts are with you ..and will be for a long time.
Very sorry to hear this news.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoke to the officer again today to go over what all had happened. I am making it minute by minute, hour by hour. I just keep telling myself today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today.

Her daughter wants to come out from phoenix right now and I am trying to figure out how to get her here. When the shutdown hit it messed things up for her and she is still on a tight budget. The memorial still does not have a date set either and I don't know how long she can manage being off work either.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She didn't post here much but often read the threads while I was browsing through.

She passed away today it was her birthday....I am dealing with a lot right now so I don't know when I will come through. I miss my wife already.

I am so sorry for your loss. You'll be in my prayers. Not sure what I'd do in your shoes right now, but I know I'd need all the strength I could muster. Again, you have my deepest condolences. :(

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I had to start going through things and figure out what needed to be kept or not. She had so many little things that just made me shake my head and wonder, I honestly don't think she even knew what all she had. Anyway while going through her wallet I found the business card of the Justice of the Peace who married us in 2008 and I know now that she carried it with her every day and I felt like I should contact him and let him know. The message I sent is below for those who would like to read.

Judge Little,

I wanted to contact you and let you know that we have been a success story and made it to 10 years not too long ago. I don't know if you realized this at the time but Shauna had an illness that we knew one day would like cause her life to be cut short. On Thursday Feb 28th 2019 she passed away in her sleep and I love her and miss her very much. It was her 56th birthday and I was lucky enough to be able to take her to her for an early birthday present as her legal Birthday was on the 28th but in an odd mixup her actual day of birth was on the 25th. Over the years she has slowly had her health deteriorate and more problems creep up and at the end she was using a power chair but I stuck with her all the way.

Sometimes she kept little goofy things that as I find them make me shake my head but one thing that I found that made it where I knew I had to contact you was your card. One of the things she always carried with her was a picture that was taken of us not long after we had been married by a friend, another was a picture of her daughter, she nearly always had out marriage certificate and today I found out that over ten years she carried your business card.

I vowed to stay with her through it all until death do us part and I made sure to hold up my end of the bargain and no matter what happened I loved her with all my heart and I know she loved me. Thank you very much for performing the services for us that day. I always told people we were married as I had done it once before and I figured whats the scariest thing I can do on Halloween....Get MARRIED. But honestly I wasn't scared and stepped into the relationship with open eyes knowing what may eventually happen. In some ways it was just a little too soon for her to leave me as just two weeks ago we had talked about a little piece of land where we could build a home and allow her dog to run and play. Regretfully that was one thing I always wanted for her but couldn't do it.

It has only been a little over a day now and I am sure you will not see this until the weekend is over but I loved her and miss her so much that while writing this to you I am crying. I think that now I will continue on and carry the picture of us, her daughter, our marriage certificate and your card.

I have been carrying the wedding certificate with me already along with her wedding rings and a set of earrings I got for her last year for her birthday that she never took off.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please accept my deepest condolences. I will be praying that the Lord gives you the strength to see your way through all the heartache and pain.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You Sir have Jen and my deepest condolences. There are no words to ease the pain of your loss other than you truly are in our thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom