Nikon getting out of the riflescope biz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard/read on a couple other forums that as of January 1st Nikon will no longer be in the riflescope business. Anybody else heard this?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been popping up on forums for a couple days now. I hate to see they are getting out of the market. Competition is good for the consumer. Sadly I think there are so many players in this game now that its probably not profitable. Nikon makes good optics in the price ranges they played in. I know they were attempting the last couple years to compete in the low end tactical stuff. With the X then the FX scopes and moving to 30mm tubes. I have an X1000 that I like and think for the money is hard to beat. I have multiple Nikon scopes and have never had an issue with any of them. For me I have always thought their glass was the best at their price points. Either way there are still plenty of other players out there. Just sucks that their products will probably lose warranty support within a year or so.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, I hope this is not true. I've got Monarchs on several rifles with Pathfinders on a couple others. Great glass, but I've seen their prices are coming down compared to what I paid back in the day. I think Athelon and Metopa are probably driving this. They are dumping good glass at cheap prices. Good for the consumer until they drive out the competition and the price comes up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom