Nissan engine repairs in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0L V6, and it’s now blowing serious blue/white smoke out the tailpipe while the oil pressure gauge reads so low at idle that it throws a red idiot light. The oil level is normal according to the dipstick, and the oil has been changed twice in a few months with no improvement. I’m guessing a bad piston ring or something - not a cracked block or blown head gasket, as it’s not leaking any oil at all - so I’d like recommendations for a repair shop in Tulsa that can tackle the job. Southwestern Engine Rebuilder is one possibility; anyone else you folks know do a good job? Thanks.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I usually work on my own vehicles unless it is catastrophic then I usually just trade them in for something else. The 4.0 is pretty bulletproof after they got through all the SMOD problems. I think I remember seeing something about the secondary timing chain gaskets blowing out and causing low oil pressures, but not sure if it would go into the combustion chamber. Might have better luck at clubfrontier.org

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a superb machine shop out in Mannford, but you gota pull the engine. Can you swing an engine or are you needing a one stop shop?

If I go so far as to pull the engine, I might as well do the rest of the work myself :) Thanks though!

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine any shop would be able to at least get a solid diagnosis whether it's checking the pcv valve, doing a compression check or whatever else that could cause it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom