No carry at Thunder games

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not hear much about this one, but if you read the SDA it says that one of the mandated no carry places is at any professional sports event. Now as most gunners know, it is NOT that I am worried about actually carrying inside the coliseum, the problem is that if you can't have it (a gun) inside, you will not have it outside (on your way to the car) either; and THAT problem is much more serious. I guess the answer is to have some lesser weapon available.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is nothing new... and there is no solution. Even if you get it removed from the SDA (good luck, with the money lobbying against that rule-change being poured into our elected representatives' pockets), they are going to wand you at the doors and turn you around. Not gonna happen. You wanna go to a game, you go downtown, you take your chances. OKC does not care a lick about your safety in Bricktown, they care about your dollars. And the Thunder games sell out constantly, which means they have no incentive to change a thing.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They got this cool new invention now to avoid just this...it's called TV. Sure, I'd like to go see a live game sometimes, but then again....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My past experience has been that they really don't do that great of a job with the wand...

That said, my albuterol inhaler fits perfectly in my fist. And my flashlight has a scalloped bezel.

Carrying beyond a sign on a private business I can see... but professional sporting events are actual prohibited places in Oklahoma. :( Stupid, but hey, what else would you expect when Big Money weighs in and pulls the strings for their bought and paid-for politicians?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carrying beyond a sign on a private business I can see... but professional sporting events are actual prohibited places in Oklahoma. :( Stupid, but hey, what else would you expect when Big Money weighs in and pulls the strings for their bought and paid-for politicians?

I didn't say I had carried in there. My experience with them wanding has been they do the left and right hip about 12 inches away and then push you on to the ticket taker. The private company doing one of the concerts I went to there did a much more thorough job and wanded within a reasonable distance.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I get it... I didn't think you had carried there, just wanted to make sure anyone else who isn't familiar understands this isn't one of those "concealed means concealed" situations so many members here talk about. Going to the grocery store or coffee shop and keeping your piece hidden is one thing, but I'm just trying to keep the information out there that professional sporting events in OK are banned from carry by law - so no one gets the wrong idea.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to NFL and MLB games across the nation. There is a difference in football and baseball games. people get drunk at both, but football games get more violent. I am relatively calm man, but I almost hit a guy at a Dallas Cowboys game. The only thing that kept me from it was the fact that I would of forfeited my season tickets. Side-story, the guy was a New Yorker up set that the Cowboys were winning. When he could not get any of us around him to engage him, he started in on me about being a Mexican, I'm an American Indian, he then started talking about my wife being trash because she was with me.
I have watched some pretty good fights, in the parking lots, bathrooms, even in the box seat areas. You do not ever want to go to an Eagles game, in Philly, wearing a Cowboys jersey.
People seem to get very emotional, when mixed with alcohol, is not a good place to have people armed. Let these guys sober up and they would never act the way they do at games.
Also, Oklahoma needs as many businesses to move into our state as possible, a shooting in a game would cause other businesses to stay way.
I do not like the fact that I can not carry at a game, but when I buy a ticket I understand that I am giving up that Right.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
vNXuEAqsrQBv5ULj7kJyjjyL1T5WDQuiAL13Kq51w8HiVdVhr0NhTPjJZn20QXyvfZi1Qb80dDqHNMDxA73kw0-7ROv_4q1bTEmn4Qu3LgpQullCE5YCAu5PN_jaFp4ROiQFiGqGcFdRbw77ZTAeudAbEHRHz3spFMqPqwfzh39MI8ri3HafX6yJyXzRplz3JR2peU0wSCxAfN-DwPLYoA7kxLbM5ZYy1NPlKCI678DS9lWzw2aAPixiDODabqaLTv3HpphaA9zA67uZS0_bqex9gMkuRrbB9MAuYb1Bpn1bgor029MGM4Xga57ztwmSW8tJVDECvzOOUZu0AE-Ucv2h5e_oFFoXIzqMd9FX0ti1vLVwat77_aS5Khp9BGmw3vpH1CLl35MC7SAv_CPWegqZT2DSmM-AkI1oZrn2qFnAcfkOgWd6x8GttOQSuAoEIoenu6cOqjq-fnjkGSrh3SYFRR-6_PB2hdrnQgR6vt_2iSJfA8bt4DDVyccPzX23jMq6n-W_8iism6rWDcjcN0wEV57fyDLtXXh9A5YdrCuQvJeajJ_NPCotmv3xG3_f1bbJ=w1029-h771-no

Latest posts

Top Bottom