No Catholics In Public Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those liberal ones piss me off to no end. It’s like they think the Gospel literally wants you to be just like Jesus.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I did not click the link but I do wonder how they know what religion you are.
Is there a space on the application you fill out that asks that question?

What ever happened to mind your own business do your job and go home.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think like in everthing else there are liberal catholics and conservative catholics.
Thank you. You're a liberal Catholic or a conservative Catholic depending on which of the church's teachings or edicts you need to ignore. Poke around in the OSA archives and see how some folks around here feel about the public statements that His Holiness Pope Francis has made on topics from social justice to environmentalism. Whether we're Democrats or Republicans we don't necessarily want the Vicar of God on Earth telling us what we don't want to hear.

As for the Knights of Columbus, Harris and Hirono need to settle down.
The Knights are a charitable organization/old farts club. People who pay dues don't exactly take their marching orders from the Knights.
Much to her credit, Senator Tulsi Gabbard (D Hawaii) has pointed this out to her colleagues.

The Catholic Church is not an American political party, and if politics is all that matters to people they should probably just find a home elsewhere.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. You're a liberal Catholic or a conservative Catholic depending on which of the church's teachings or edicts you need to ignore. Poke around in the OSA archives and see how some folks around here feel about the public statements that His Holiness Pope Francis has made on topics from social justice to environmentalism. Whether we're Democrats or Republicans we don't necessarily want the Vicar of God on Earth telling us what we don't want to hear.

As for the Knights of Columbus, Harris and Hirono need to settle down.
The Knights are a charitable organization/old farts club. People who pay dues don't exactly take their marching orders from the Knights.
Much to her credit, Senator Tulsi Gabbard (D Hawaii) has pointed this out to her colleagues.

The Catholic Church is not an American political party, and if politics is all that matters to people they should probably just find a home elsewhere.
His holiness? What makes this fraud holy? What the Catholic Church is, is a crock that millions of people have bought into. It’s so far from biblical it ain’t even funny. I guess Catholics have never read the bible. And I don’t want to hear Catholics are who wrote it. That’s crap. Well in a way I guess that would be right. After all they did add to the Bible which is plainly stated to not do. And that the person that did it would be punished severely. I mean when a body of people worship a pope and Mary you know something is off. But to try and block Catholics from being in office is bull too. I’m no fan of Catholics but I don’t care if they serve in office. It’s their right as long as they meet he criteria to do so.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His holiness? What makes this fraud holy? What the Catholic Church is, is a crock that millions of people have bought into. It’s so far from biblical it ain’t even funny. I guess Catholics have never read the bible. And I don’t want to hear Catholics are who wrote it. That’s crap. Well in a way I guess that would be right. After all they did add to the Bible which is plainly stated to not do. And that the person that did it would be punished severely. I mean when a body of people worship a pope and Mary you know something is off. But to try and block Catholics from being in office is bull too. I’m no fan of Catholics but I don’t care if they serve in office. It’s their right as long as they meet he criteria to do so.

Interesting perspective - the Catholic Church is the original Christian Church.

“What makes this fraud holy” - God

“It’s so far from biblical it ain’t even funny” - the entire New Testament is a recounting if the works of the original Christian Church members - the Catholic Church.

You guessed it, I’m Catholic and proud of it.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weren't the Kennedys Catholic? :anyone:

There was a documentary on the History about Catholics, the Vatican and the Pope. One part that I found interesting was when they mentioned JFK and a meeting with the Pope. As a Catholic, he was supposed to kneel and kiss the ring of the Pope. As a President he was the leader of our country and wasn’t supposed to kneel before anyone.

He had to make a decision. He chose to walk up, stand upright and shake the hand of the Pope.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess Catholics have never read the bible. And I don’t want to hear Catholics are who wrote it. That’s crap. Well in a way I guess that would be right. After all they did add to the Bible which is plainly stated to not do.

it's been a long while since i was in my religious studies classes, so forgive the question. I know Moses is supposed to have written the first sections of the old testament and the Torah, but it can't really be disputed that the Catholic Church created the Bible as we know it, right?

Or are you saying that only the old testament should be viewed as true?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I dunno about that lol. The Catholic church has a significant history of being involved in, if not trying to heavily influence, politics, since inception. Obviously this comment doesn't entail just Americans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom