NO! Do it yourself!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wimps or what I have not decided. Have I babied those kids or are they all this way.
I never ask someone for help doing something unless it is roofing and there is rain pending.
But only ask those that I helped roof their house.

Now my kids always ask for help..Lazy or weak ..Not really but their mommy volunteers me all the time for stupid easy stuff.

I will not drive across town to help my son get a queen mattress inside his house.
I did my king by myself.
He needs plywood wife volunteers my stash ..What the crap he makes more money than I do.
Get your own plywood.

I got volunteered to texture his walls and paint..Really!! I drive for 35 minutes to do 30 minutes of texture in 1 room and it is finished.

He was outside smoking most of the time.
I am fed up.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there not doing that any more. Just say no.
upload_2019-2-16_15-54-1.jpeg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happens when you give in to them. They get this feeling of entitlement...there's only one way to stop it. Just stop it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I had a phone conversation with him after I posted this.
I called him right up and told him that he has 2 arms and a truck and a job and house and makes plenty of money to get things done on his own.
I also told him I never asked for help and he needs to man up and do things without asking others to help.

He may get mad but i care less right now.
He will get happy eventually.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know how you feel, not with kids but my family, always begging my grandparents who are well off for money. When I’m working overtime to get what I need. If I can’t make it, that’s on me, don’t want to beg for help.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know from your previous post you did not have a good relationship with your father.
One day you won't be around for him to ask for help and he would give anything to have you around to help with a project. It isn't about being lazy, he is enjoying time with his father.

JMO

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know from your previous post you did not have a good relationship with your father.
One day you won't be around for him to ask for help and he would give anything to have you around to help with a project. It isn't about being lazy, he is enjoying time with his father.

JMO

He was outside smoking most of the time.
I am fed up.

Maybe swampratt's last statement makes a difference as to whether his boy wants time with his father?

Latest posts

Top Bottom