1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

No explanation for "warnings"?

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by tRidiot, Feb 20, 2017.

1. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I got a warning, apparently for "being rude to another member".

I want to know where and why. It's silly to hand out demerits without showing someone where they went wrong. I looked back through my posts over the last few days and saw nothing I found even remotely insensitive. I think it's silly to know neither the moderator who handed out my little infraction, nor the post in question. If it's about anonymity, then this is taking it to far.

I want to know what the problem is.

2. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Demerits for being rude? Geez, how gay.

This whole place would/should be one big demerit. Probably just some mod trying to mess with your head.

RugerSooner, rawhide and MadDogs like this.
  3. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Hmm... it should have linked to the post was my impression. I'll see if I can figure out what warranted the warning.

Some members in the past have gotten very vengeful (and persistent) in antagonizing/harassing/stalking moderators after being disciplined, so anonymous warnings is good with me; but I'm a firm believer you should know why.

Editted to add: it was a post in the thread "Medical Marijuana". PMing to discuss details.

4. 65ny

65ny Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This thread offends me. I demand spankings for everyone!

Glocktogo likes this.
  5. caojyn

caojyn Sharpshooter

Lol, are we taking bets on this one?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    MadDogs and D. Hargrove like this.
  6. tomthebaker

tomthebaker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If his post in MM was bad, then all of mine are questionable also.

7. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I got a lot riding on this bet, baby needs new shoes, tell us. Self flagellation may be in order.

8. MadDogs

MadDogs Sharpshooter

I agree. Can't fix what was against the rules IF you don't know what one said to break the rules.

Have received several "You do not have sufficient privileges to reply" after criticizing a mod's hypocrisy and puerile behavior. Speaking of which ...

Thanks ... we should know why.

And some members have been disciplined for calling a mod out for being chronically dishonest and hiding behind his ban wand. Other members get called out ... not supposed to criticize a mod for being intellectually dishonest? Can't criticize a mod without a "Warning", getting a "time out" or having "insufficient privileges" to reply?

This is not directed at you. I happen to respect you, Joel, Dennis and even S4F.

Okie4570 likes this.
  9. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Please keep responses here specific to the OP. This is not going to be a "bash the mods" thread. If it keeps going that way, I will lock it.

I'm preparing a PM to TR, might as well post some of it here instead:

If you have an issue with moderation, under the "Help Forum" there is a "Private Help" sub-section.
    https://www.okshooters.com/forums/private-help-forum.115/
    You can voice your grievance there, it is seen by all moderators, you can see and discuss the responses, and it is seen by the site owner. He has been very fair and gone out of his way to benefit the members and correct/instruct the moderators on how we operate.

Public criticism of moderation does nothing but create division. I DESPISE that. Some of you may have valid complaints, not talking about that, but if you are constantly publicly moaning about moderation then I personally (me, NikatKimber, not representative of the site) don't care any longer whether you are right or wrong, and see you as a whining baby / attention whore.

If you have any desire to help maintain a working beneficial gun forum please PLEASE stop trying to stir up strife between the administration and membership.

dennishoddy, Okie4570 and MadDogs like this.
  10. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I wholeheartedly agree.