No Firearms at Trump Inauguration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can any of you Trump sycophants list the freedoms you have lost over the last 8 years? After all, Obama has been demonized as an enemy of the constitution. You should be able to list dozens of things.

It's not about a total loss of freedoms. It's about infringement. Take a little at a time. You want an example...healthcare. Did he take it away. Not necessarily. What he did do is change things to the point that honest, hard working people are now paying double and triple premiums for lesser insurance coverage than what they were prior to his occupation.

If you study history, dictators are seldom successful in taking rights away outright. Instead, they formulate a plan with their supports to chip away at your freedoms and rights until the people reach one of two limits. Either they can no longer afford anything without government assistance, or they are weakened to the point of no ability to fight for/defend their rights. At that point, dictators are able to take away any freedom they so choose.

So did he take many freedoms away? No. But he worked hard on laying the foundation for who, in his mind, was to be his successor.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not about a total loss of freedoms. It's about infringement. Take a little at a time.

I believe the terms you are searching for are either "Incrementalism" or "Gradualism" on the loss of freedoms. An example, here in OK, it is having to pay more to get less health care from the only health care provider that is still in OK(after being told that you can keep your doctor & provider AND SAVE $2500 A YEAR).

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama has funded ISIS in his futile attempts to overthrow Aasad of Syria and hundreds of thousands of people have died at the hands of ISIS and that organization has grown into the most feared terrorist groups in the world. Moreover, he has brought in terrorists among his "immigrants" as told by his own CIA. Don't try and reveal your ignorance by claiming Obama has been good for our country.
He has done nothing good and is going out lying about his accomplishments. If you will but notice, his spokesman, Obama and a corrupt media are the only ones touting his achievements.
As for Trump, I voted for him over Hillary who said she would continue Obama's policies and would call upon Obama for advise. Politicians have placed our country in peril to advance their selfish agendas, Ttrump is placing non-politicians in various positions of authority and I believe these people have accepted their positions not to make more money but for love of country. I believe Trump is correct by putting successful people in these positions because the vacant manage whereas the sleazy lawyer politicians have their bank accounts in mind when they take office. Time will tell, these appointees certainly can't hurt the country anymore than the likes of McCain, McConnell, Pelosi, Reid and others.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone with an above room-temp IQ that has been paying the least bit of attention knows that Trump, based on performance and actions, is unqualified to be president.

Article 2 of the Constitution states the requirements to be eligible for President, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Which of those requirements does Trump not meet? Those are the only "qualifications" to be President. You could say that you think he will be a poor President, but to say he is "unqualified" would be incorrect.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm guessing those items are banned from all events, which would likely include many that aren't on federal grounds (since the actual inauguration is only part of the day's events)

And while i completely understand why they feel those items should be banned, it is somewhat hypocritical as it relates to the party of 'one should always be allowed to be armed'.

So if you "completely understand" why certain things are banned on federal property and/or that they can present a threat or at the least concern for LEOs tasked with people's safety; why would you think it is "hypocritical" to follow the law?

Can you share where the Republican Party has in their platform where they say "one should always be allowed to be armed"? I missed that one along with the part where the are prejudicial to people of color.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
His replacement is quite infamous for his anti-homosexualism. If Pence becomes President, we might be seeing shock-therapy for homosexuals in this country.

Can you share (as in provide a link) where Pence actually said that?

I have asked several folks who are progressively challenged that whined like a veterinary term for two female dogs that claimed what you stated. They could not provide anything beyond a liberal coloring book that tried to color outside the lines.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of the utter intolerance of the right. I have said on this very form, several times, that I thought Hillary may very well be the 2nd worst major party candidate in history. She's just a really bad person and politician. But, there is no doubt that Trump is the worst candidate in history.

But you assume that since I don't fall into lock-step with your ideology I'm a lefty that blindly supported Hillary. You're wrong.

I didn't assume anything. Did you vote for Hillary? Yes or no?

Trump is the worst candidate in history? That's not what the voting showed. Granted he might have hurt some feelings, and I'm thinking that might cater to your emotions, but in terms of what he said about the status quo, it was spot on. Seemed enough agreed to vote him in too.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can any of you Trump sycophants list the freedoms you have lost over the last 8 years? After all, Obama has been demonized as an enemy of the constitution. You should be able to list dozens of things.

I'd say the loss of freedom to choose or deny healthcare coverage is a huge one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom