'No longer be soft targets': Ohio school allowing teachers to carry guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's silly and a do nothing to stop a shooter that will breach a door and do harm before the firearm can be unlocked, loaded and brought into play in some big campuses where there are multiple buildings. A single school resource officer would be as valuable as Uvalde that had one but wasn't there.
Trained Teachers at CLEET level, Janitors with the same level and so on is the answer IMHO.
I'm pretty sure that those schools are also being 'hardened' from outside attack (I would hope so, anyway) and having an AR on premises may very well be a life-saver even if it takes several minutes to prep it for use. Being that the Sheriff is the one doing this rather than a municipal police Chief tells me that these schools are possibly rural meaning that if something were to happen it may take awhile before deputies could get there.

Sure, there will be different, and maybe even better, ways to approach a school shooter problem but at least this Sheriff is attempting to take at least some steps rather than just sit around wringing his hands like everyone else has done for decades because no one has ever been able to reach an agreement that will satisfy everyone on what to do.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
No different than any returning vet, or retired LEO, or any OSA member.
I'M NOT OK WITH OUR LITTLE INNOCENT KIDS BEING MURDERED BY SOME SPOILED BRAT, TO GET HIS MINUTE OF FAME, ARE YOU? ANY WAY TO STOP THIS, IS GREAT WITH ME!! WE HAVE BEEN WHINING FOR 20/30 YEARS, AND IT'S WORSE NOW THAN WHEN WE STARTED WHINING, RIGHT? WATCH AS THESE PUNKS FIND LESS DANGEROUS TARGETS? How many mass shootings have we had at police stations, gun shows, sporting good stores that sell guns, etc??????

Vince 1340

Marksman
Reaction score
There is not enough money available on this planet to stop a determined person (kid or otherwise) from shooting a place up if that's what they want to do. Best solution so far is to 'harden' up venues so at least they will have to work for those kills and, in all probability, will die themselves in the process.

If by luck they should happen to live, then ensure that their life is a guaranteed short one. No more of this 'aww baby, must have had a poor childhood', or 'but you can't execute a 'child' plea, even though that 'child' just executed X-others, or that person gets a 'free pass' because of race, connections, wealth, or celebrity status.

It's going to be tough, it's going to be hard, but unless we stop with all the same reasons for excusing this behavior it will continue as it has continued for decades. Kids (and adults) need to know that if they commit murder, they themselves, will be executed in a timely manner. No 'forgiveness' when they reach the age of maturity, no 25-years on 'Death Row' going through endless appeals. One or two 'mistaken identity' convictions (and execution) is a small price to pay for literally hundreds of innocent people killed by 'mass shootings' each year, which continue because justice has become a joke in our country.
Your location is England? So, this conversation is purely hypothetical for you?
No not really,we have the same sort of twisted mind over here, only we have the balls to deal with it!🇺🇸🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Vince 1340

Marksman
Reaction score
No it isn’t, if a police officer breaks up a fight does he leave his gun behind? No he carries it because he is trained. And it stays holstered. Anyone who goes into a fight situation to break it up needs to mean what they say and be prepared for any weapon to be used on them. You’re just a casualty waiting to happen. And when that fight is one of your own student’s fighting for their lives against an active shooter, as has happened, what heck are you gonna do?
That is a gun fight. A fight with a gun, whether drawn or not, is a gunfight. Fact.
You’re talking BS and will get innocents killed! And its not a fact , name one incident where a gun was carried but kept holstered that was called a gunfight! Bloody moron! you state you break up fights between your students ? So you’re a teacher? Well when a shooter comes in you’re going to step in front and say stop! Your dead! However if you step forward with a gun you can stop that shooter can’t you. Or are you just a coward that only breaks up fights of children?I’m 72 years old and can still break a man’s shin bone with one kick,I know how to fight, win ,lose or draw when it comes to protecting kid I always win, and yes I know guns and how to use them it’s not something I take lightly, it a responsibility I take very seriously . America has a problem but it ain’t guns it’s mind set like yours! 🇺🇸🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re talking BS and will get innocents killed! And it’s not a fact , name one incident where a gun was carried but kept holstered that was called a gunfight! Bloody moron! you state you break up fights between your students ? So you’re a teacher? Well when a shooter comes in you’re going to step in front and say stop! Your dead! However if you step forward with a gun you can stop that shooter can’t you. Or are you just a coward that only breaks up fights of children?I’m 72 years old and can still break a man’s shin bone with one kick,I know how to fight, win ,lose or draw when it comes to protecting kid I always win, and yes I know guns and how to use them it’s not something I take lightly, it a responsibility I take very seriously . America has a problem but it ain’t guns it’s mind set like yours! 🇺🇸🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Haha you’re a gem you toothless limey son of a Frenchman

Latest posts

Top Bottom