No longer will do business with this place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is my understanding that Academy will also not release a gun until they get a PROCEED. I don't necessarily like it, but I do understand why some businesses feel it is in their best interest to be cautious these days. Imagine if they let a fella have his AR after the 3 days of waiting on NICS was up without a PROCEED and he turns out to be a nutjob and goes on a rampage.

Several years ago the Academy on NW Highway in OKC had a sale on the Heritage 22 pistol for $99. Now I know they are a cheap pistol but for $99 for a truck gun. Long story short they said I was on hold and to come back next day. After 4 weeks calling and going back they said it never went thru and now they no longer had they gun. One of the employees caught me going out and apologized and said the only reason I didn't get it was that it was the last one and an employee wanted it!!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I had a gun store, I'd probably do the same. Especially if it was a customer I've never met before. It's not something worth complaining or boycotting.

It's a business and the first thing they should be concerned about is protecting themselves. I see no problem with their decision at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I think it’s probably good practice not to release until the NCIS clears but my problem would be more “the system is down.” Don’t you have a phone? Get off your ass and at least TRY to help the customer ...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the business released the gun without approval and the guy the received it committed a crime with the gun wouldn't you think that the cops and media would question the business? The media would rake the shop over the coals.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago the Academy on NW Highway in OKC had a sale on the Heritage 22 pistol for $99. Now I know they are a cheap pistol but for $99 for a truck gun. Long story short they said I was on hold and to come back next day. After 4 weeks calling and going back they said it never went thru and now they no longer had they gun. One of the employees caught me going out and apologized and said the only reason I didn't get it was that it was the last one and an employee wanted it!!

Lol that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had problems with delays. Also, don't put SSN on the forms. Academy now has electronically on a tablet.
Probably will never buy a gun from Academy, do buy online and only had one other delay at Sooner Pawn where I do all my transfers. Why would it bother you to put social on the form? They already have all my info so I quit worrying about that. Have had background check done by probably every Gov. agency there is without a problem.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine will get a delay every time at Academy. He has no issues at Wally World or the local pawn shop. Don't know what's up with that?

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well unless they screw up and then they want you to bring it back to them. :bolt:
Yep, I picked up a Remington 700 BDL, in 25-06 with a decent Bushnell scope on it a few years ago for 159.00 and tax, They called me later that day and said the police wanted the gun... I said Have the police call me then ! Never heard another word !! LOL

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I picked up a Remington 700 BDL, in 25-06 with a decent Bushnell scope on it a few years ago for 159.00 and tax, They called me later that day and said the police wanted the gun... I said Have the police call me then ! Never heard another word !! LOL

Lmao! You are KIDDING me?!?!!? Haha! The things people will say ... Good grief!

Latest posts

Top Bottom