No longer will do business with this place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy, Wal-Mart, Dicks and the likes will NOT release a firearm after three days no matter what. During the big rush I lost out on a LE6920 at Wal-Mart WHICH REALLY SUCKED. Now I Always buy from a real local gun shop and won't have this problem again.

I get delayed 20% of the time at Academy, 100% of the time at Wal-Mart, I have a CCW so they damn well know I'm good to go and have never been convicted of anything more than a traffic citation.. I now buy 90% of my guns from 2A or Sports World and 95% of the time they go right through. If they don't they usually check back and I'm good with a proceed within a day or two.

I won't shop at sleazy pawn no matter what the price. The roaches on the goods are almost as bad as the employees... 100% TRASH!!!! I don't know if it's still their number system but the letters SNOWFLAKE on their tags represented 123456789 which was how much money they had in the item.

Last edited:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last handgun purchase was at Academy and I was out the door with it in 45 minutes or less. The previous time at Academy I bought a long gun and it was delayed for two days. Previous long gun was delayed also. I was told that sometimes it's just an issue with NICS being busy. Inconvenient, yes. But not a big deal. A month long wait though, seems to be the store owner's issue.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have no problem allowing a person to pick up their firearm on the Brady transfer date. Everything we do is legal, why impose more regulation than necessary to it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the OP's title in this thread.

Wife and I were in Broken Arrow the other day going by a Dicks sporting good store. I explained to her that I would never go through the front door of that businesses ever again and why.
I got an eye roll, and she said that if I had an offer to get a
Lewinsky in one of the dressing rooms, would I have that same comment about never going into that business ever again?
Ok, I got outplayed on that one.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the OP's title in this thread.

Wife and I were in Broken Arrow the other day going by a Dicks sporting good store. I explained to her that I would never go through the front door of that businesses ever again and why.
I got an eye roll, and she said that if I had an offer to get a
Lewinsky in one of the dressing rooms, would I have that same comment about never going into that business ever again?
Ok, I got outplayed on that one.
You smoke or just chew them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom