No Supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went grocery shopping yesterday, at the Crest in Edmond. I was amazed at the number of empty shelves all through the store!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want meat. Take your checkbook and go see a rancher. You'll get meat. Butchering is a basic skill anyway and anyone who can cut up a deer can cut up a cow. I'm seriously considering doing this soon. I've got a 21 cubic foot upright freezer than is in dire need of filling.
when the plandemic started i had several folks who did just exactly what you are talking about. some even wanted smaller carcasses. it amazes me that folks will cut up a deer but won't touch a beef.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would love to. In my favor though, the wife is a former butcher.
I don't know whether to "LIKE" or be skewered for you.

I will be taking in a steer to butcher, next week. Should have 1 or 2 more ready.

We have been unable to find HASHBROWNS for they last 6 weeks.
Been making my own.

Biscuits have been empty, that makes no sense.

Whole hams have been gone since before New Year, but pork is plentiful.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd bite on a hog or two if one of our resident hog hunters wanted to hook a brother up. I don't have an aversion to wild pig I don't think.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
sam's in okc (at least the one on north may) has meat, even a crap ton of the 30 lb gyro cones (don't see them at other locations; it must be all the halal places around here) for 90$. that's $3/lb for gryo meat; and it's all meat, no bones or fat to trim. i've just been leaving it in the freezer and shaving off frozen strips to saute in a pan. been working great; i don't have an upright spit and they are very expensive to get one that would hold 30 lbs, then you'd have to thaw the whole thing, etc. etc.

they also have a 20lb box of frozen pita right next to it for as many dollars; ~$120 and you've got enough gyro and pita to eat for well over a month.

i haven't been able to get several materials for my business, lots of them have gone up to ridiculous prices and the shipping too.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the fed announced yesterday maybe day before that they are going to hault q.e and raise interest rates in march. with four more rate hikes in 2022. i may be wrong but the q.e. is around 50 or 60 billion per month.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to the Commissary at Tinker AFB yesterday and was surprised at the empty shelves...this is our military having shortages! Then we decided that we'd stop off at the Popeye's chicken joint inside the Exchange area and guess what? No chicken breasts! I never thought I'd see the day when our own military was hurting like this with shortages of food. I have always heard that the government will take care of the military and they'd always have enough to eat because "an army travels on it's stomach." I just ordered some beef from a friend...just in case. I've never seen it like this before, all my childhood I heard how bad the Great Depression was and to stockpile things that were necessary and how times cold get hard. They aren't hard yet but it is starting to look a little grim if one uses a little imagination.
Some of you have land that you can grow your own vegetables but there are far too many people that don't have the land or couldn't grow anything if they did have the land because they don't have the knowledge. There simply isn't enough land now regardless and what was available is now sold.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom