No Worries About Domestic Terrorism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can safely ignore terrorism, right? Statistics on data gathered from looking in the rear-view mirror say so ....as long as we overlook 9-11.... That would never happen again, would it?

Bay Area ISIS Supporter Wanted to 'Redefine Terror,' Kill 10,000

A 22-year-old man from Oakland, California, man was indicted Friday on charges related to material support for ISIS.

His case represents the 130th ISIS-related arrest in the U.S. since March 2014.

According to the Justice Department, Amer Sinan Alhaggagi opened up social media accounts on behalf of ISIS and was willing to commit a suicide bombing.

Even more disturbing, according to the indictment, Alhaggagi said he wanted to "redefine terror" and kill 10,000 people here in a domestic terror attack.

The indictment also states that Alhaggagi discussed selling poison drugs and attacking a gay club in San Francisco.

"The whole Bay Area is going to be up in flames," he reportedly said.

He had also spent time in Yemen, and had planned to flee the country through Mexico following his attacks....

...Alhaggagi talked about plans to sell cocaine laced with rat poison in Bay Area nightclubs. The undercover agent says he was looking for information on the exact mixture of strychnine and cocaine to use in that scheme. He showed the agent an ISIS bomb-making manual he downloaded on a computer and he sent the agent photographs of guns he said he obtained.

"He then told confidential source number one, 'I live close to San Francisco, that's like the gay capital of the world. I'm going to handle them right, LOL,' meaning laughing out loud. 'I'm going to place a bomb in a gay club, Wallah or by God, I'm going to tear up the city.' And I quote, 'The whole Bay Area is going to be up in flames,'" the federal prosecutor explained to Judge Westmore in his argument to have Alhaggagi detained.

He also told the court how Alhaggagi took the undercover agent, posing as an ISIS supporter from Salt Lake City, on a tour of the Bay Area including the Cal Berkeley campus. The feds say he wanted to plant backpack bombs at the dorms and went along with the undercover agent to set up a storage unit where he would store supplies for his plans....
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securi...pporter-wanted-to-redefine-terror-kill-10000/

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We can safely ignore terrorism, right? Statistics on data gathered from looking in the rear-view mirror say so ....as long as we overlook 9-11.... That would never happen again, would it?

Who's saying we can safely ignore terrorism? Because, when I look around it seems that terrorism has worked exactly the way it's intended to work. We can't fly without being scanned and\or grouped. We have basically tossed the 4th in the trash in the name of terrorism. We have passed laws that would make the founders roll over in their graves in the name of terrorism. The U.S. is a very different place, and not in a good way, since 9/11. And while we shiver under our covers worrying about the bad brown man, we are killing each other at a rate that would make the citizens of Westeros shake their heads. Worrying about terrorism is like a man bobbing in the sea with no life-vest worrying about the possible rain from a cloud on the horizon.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Who's saying we can safely ignore terrorism?" I think you just said it:
... while we shiver under our covers worrying about the bad brown man, we are killing each other at a rate that would make the citizens of Westeros shake their heads. Worrying about terrorism is like a man bobbing in the sea with no life-vest worrying about the possible rain from a cloud on the horizon.

Westeros?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securi...pporter-wanted-to-redefine-terror-kill-10000/

The Justice Department has been running these "useful idiot" stings and trotting them out as successes against terrorism for a couple decades at least.

It's all about the triad of capability, opportunity, and intent.

Some malcontent with intent but zero capability or opportunity, and no actual connection to known terrorist groups, runs his mouth on social media and DOJ sends in an agent to pose as an enabler. Said enabler then gives the idiot the capability and helps them formulate the opportunity. Then they arrest them and say "See, we're stopping terrorism!!"

I have no doubt that real antiterrorism work is being done behind the scenes and those real cases are very credible threats, but these public cases are just theater.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Who's saying we can safely ignore terrorism?" I think you just said it:

Westeros?

I didn't say, or even imply, we can safely ignore terrorism. What I did imply was that on the list of things we should worry might kill us, terrorism should be way down the list. But, it's getting top billing.

Not a Game of Thrones fans I take it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say, or even imply, we can safely ignore terrorism. What I did imply was that on the list of things we should worry might kill us, terrorism should be way down the list. But, it's getting top billing.

Not a Game of Thrones fans I take it.
Yep, you have a better chance of being killed by a family member than a terrorist statistically.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Family members don't usually kill you with a suicide bomb, or enter your domicile real peaceful like with a gun hidden under their coat, then start shouting "alahoo Akbar"(SP?) and start blasting.

Hostile family members are generally known to you as hostile and you can be weary and alert during their presence. To me, the unknown dude with a bomb, or poison, or a trailer truck is far more dangerous.

It's not the hostile family member that's the big problem - it's the unknown terrorist.

Woody

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Family members don't usually kill you with a suicide bomb, or enter your domicile real peaceful like with a gun hidden under their coat, then start shouting "alahoo Akbar"(SP?) and start blasting.

Hostile family members are generally known to you as hostile and you can be weary and alert during their presence. To me, the unknown dude with a bomb, or poison, or a trailer truck is far more dangerous.

It's not the hostile family member that's the big problem - it's the unknown terrorist.

Woody
That's like saying your car is a safer method of travel than airplanes because your car wont fall outa the sky if the engine fails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom