Non NFA 14" "Shotgun" illegal in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman_75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys may have seen these, if you purchase a pistol grip only "shotgun" it is considered a firearm and not a shotgun. It has to have a overall length of 26" but has no barrel length requirement. Basically you can cut one down to 14" barrel and stay clear of NFA SBS laws.

shockwavetechnologies.com_site_wp_content_uploads_2011_12_RG500.11a1.jpg

i650.photobucket.com_albums_uu224_dark2023_Remington870magpulsbsidea.jpg

I was looking into this and it looks like the laws here in OK prevent it.

"It is illegal to possess a sawed-off shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches) or a sawed-off rifle (barrel less than 16 inches or total length less than 26 inches). Possessing a sawed-off weapon in a felony punishable by a maximum of 2 years in prison."

"A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion."

However by that reading a Taurus Judge, or any handgun that they make shot shells for would be a “sawed off shotgun”

I'm no lawyer, but it looks like it's a no go. However we can have NFA, so this law doesn't override that.

Once again, too many laws, with too much lawyer speak...

Latest posts

Top Bottom