Non-Resident Military Purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRulingFool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is required for military member stationed in Oklahoma but not FROM Oklahoma to purchase a firearm?

I know that your military-issued photo ID is required, as well as a copy of PCS orders indicating that the member is permanently assigned within the state of Oklahoma. Is anything else needed, such as proof of current address?

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I ran into that issue myself. I got to Tinker in '84.

From what I could find online, it's like this:

Residents may purchase legal firearms
and ammunition from contiguous states, and residents of
contiguous states may purchase firearms and ammunition
in Oklahoma.

If you're not from a contiguous state, then I believe a copy of your orders along with your military ID may work (the dealer should know). I may be wrong about that, so it would need verification.

What I did when I got here was get an OK driver's license to avoid the whole thing.

Hope that helps.

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is required for military member stationed in Oklahoma but not FROM Oklahoma to purchase a firearm?

I know that your military-issued photo ID is required, as well as a copy of PCS orders indicating that the member is permanently assigned within the state of Oklahoma. Is anything else needed, such as proof of current address?

Go to the BX, you don't pay taxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom