Non-Trust Form 1 Total Turnaround Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Lawrence

Marksman
Reaction score
Just figured I'd post up my results:

Sent from post office (I wanted delivery confirmation): 03/26
Received by NFA: 03/30
Check cashed: 04/07
Entered in system as pending: 06/08
Fingerprint cards sent to FBI: 08/18
Approved: 09/03
I received: 09/12

Now that I'm in Collinsville/Tulsa County I'm guessing any future NFA items I want will require that I set up a trust. Something tells me that getting the sigs in Tulsa county will be tough. Am I wrong on this?

Calling NFA was not what I expected. They always answered on the first or second ring and were consistently very friendly.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a long time for a transfer. But as they have told me on the phone they are receiving 3 times the amount of transfers that they were before the election. This time last year we had Form 4 transfers back approved in 3-5 weeks.
I have always talked to really helpful people on the phone since they moved. When the NFA branch was totally in DC about 6 times out of 10 it was not so great.

did you talk to the dude or the very nice lady every time?

I pray for the lady when I call, the dude has always been a royal prick to me on the phone.

And 5.5 months....dang.

Johnny Lawrence

Marksman
Reaction score
did you talk to the dude or the very nice lady every time?

I pray for the lady when I call, the dude has always been a royal prick to me on the phone.

And 5.5 months....dang.

The dude was a little short at times, but never DMV-worthy for me.

This has been happening to me a lot lately - IRS, NFA, Tag Agencies,... I either get really lucky each time, or they all got together and decided, "we can reeeeally get under people's skin by being nice when they expect all out war."

Corey5887

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I am intersted in puchasing some full auto weapons and was curious what the best way is to do this legally. I have heard that a trust is the easiest way. Can you give me some pointers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom