Nonresident holiday antlerless season??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I”ll try to do better in the future, however, if anyone has a question that they want me to answer i believe they can @Jared and it will notify me? Otherwise I wouldn’t bank on me stumbling across them while looking for any low hanging fruit.
ElkStalker PM’d me the response he got from ODWC and by golly I was RIGHT!!!
For the super low price of just $300, a nonresident can purchase a NR gun license to use during the holiday doe season, and it would actually be a good deal if a person already hunted rifle season anyway....not so much if you just want to hunt during the holiday doe season though.:blush:

What really gets me about this thread is that I know game wardens snoop this forum looking for low hanging fruit, and yet not a d*mn one of them chimed in to answer a serious legal question. Pretty sh*tty in my book.:censored:

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sure did find my post pretty quick...:scratch:
Head scratcher indeed.

My lack of diligence is unacceptable. My sincerest apologies to the OP and the entire OKShooters community for not making the time to answer the OP's question. My attention to the classifieds and skimming of the hunting/fishing forum of late has led to me letting all of you down. Please allow me the opportunity to regain your confidence and trust in timely and accurate question resolution.

In reference to some of the above comments regarding the OP's question.

I do believe the Holiday Antlerless season was originally a "resident" season. Back when it was the "special antlerless doe" season I recall it being called "resident special antlerless doe season". Sometime in recent years the "resident" has been dropped. However, the OP is correct that the hunting regs do not address the season for non-resident adults. It does, as of last season, say that non-resident YOUTH can use their unfilled antlerless gun tag for the holiday antlerless season.

The holiday antlerless season has been defined as a "bonus" tag, not to count against ones regular season bag limit. Oklahoma's Title 29 of state statutes only notates the bonus tags under the resident licenses section. Therefore not making an avenue for a non-resident to purchase such a license.

What the OP evidently found out by contacting ODWC, non-residents can use the deer gun license for the holiday tags, is the same as what I have been told on how the department is addressing the issue.

Hope this lends some clarity of why this issue is not clear...

Latest posts

Top Bottom