Norinco SKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastorlarry83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all. Larry in Edmond here. I recently picked up this Norinco SKS at a estate sale. Can you guys please give me your honest opinion as to its current value? I am looking to either sale or trade this rifle or I may just keep it for myself. I love military surplus and have seen the market go all over the place especially on Mosin's and SKS's. I just want to know what I have. Thanks for looking guys.
5846525_01_norinco_sks_640.jpg
5846525_03_norinco_sks_640.jpg
5846525_02_norinco_sks_640.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$350-$400

I would go with the higher number if the rifle is complete and serial matching given the unissued appearance. Some people tend to prefer the triangle 26 rifles, especially the early ones.

pastorlarry83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The story that I was given is that it was purchased in the early 90's by a collector who never got around to shooting it or even cleaning it. I have removed all of the cosmoline that I can and have verified that all of the numbers are matching. It came with 240 rounds of Chinese Ammo as well. I have sold the ammo as my wife does not prefer it to be in the home.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The story that I was given is that it was purchased in the early 90's by a collector who never got around to shooting it or even cleaning it. I have removed all of the cosmoline that I can and have verified that all of the numbers are matching. It came with 240 rounds of Chinese Ammo as well. I have sold the ammo as my wife does not prefer it to be in the home.

I don't trust the Chinese either. Next thing you know they look and shoot just as good as the american made ammo

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
High serial number (later production) rifle, very nice condition. I agree with the $350-$400 range; some late rifles like this one came with the plastic/phenolic hand guard (I won't call it what it's commonly called here), but that one appears to be wood. I like SKSs, so I'd probably hang onto it for a bit, but it should be a pretty easy sell if you want to sell it.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just teasing you...I noticed the user name as well. I'm sure that I'm probably more conservative than most of the members on this board and that's not a phrase that would make me blush. I think he'll be ok with it. I've seen way worse around here to be offended over.

pastorlarry83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not offended in the least gentlemen. Thank you all for the feedback. The Chinese ammo came in white boxes with green writing if I remember. Some of the boxes were starting to deteriorate and smell bad lol. It looked very similar to TULA ammo in my opinion.I sold it for $45 dollars on Armslist. I have yet to shoot this rifle and may do so very soon. If the right trade offer came along I would be interested as I prefer World War 2 military surplus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom