Norman High Girls Basketball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the use of a racial slur - more offensive than kneeling during the national anthem?

Both are simply expressions, neither is a stick or stone.

To me, yes. Racial slurs are the first steps to sticks, stones, lynchings, fire bombing churches, etc. It's the dehumanization of a subset of people over something as stupid as skin color. Adding to the myth one "race" is better than another.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, yes. Racial slurs are the first steps to sticks, stones, lynchings, fire bombing churches, etc.
By that logic, gun ownership is the first step to killing and mass murders.

I'd be more upset about the "N" word, if blacks didn't use it freely among themselves and publish it in RAP music.

Double standards, anyone? :anyone:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By that logic, gun ownership is the first step to killing and mass murders.

I'd be more upset about the "N" word, if blacks didn't use it freely among themselves and publish it in RAP music.

Double standards, anyone? :anyone:
Strawman argument there on guns. Dehumanizing is the first steps to mass murders etc. Murder and mass killing existed long before guns, they will exist long after.

The N word coming from a white person means something completely different than it coming from a black person. Just like me being called names based on my race or religion mean something completely different from people of my own "race" and or religion, much less from my friends.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm here imagining how I would feel being called cracker; my first thought is that it wouldn't bother me, I'd laugh along with it, us crackers are the way we are, no shame.
I use to work with some black guys, one of them asked me if I'd ever had chitllins, I said 'naw, white people don't eat that' and he got the biggest laugh.

But if I was called cracker by someone with hate in the tone, that would bother me, I'd think he was looking for a fight or something. It's not the word, it's the tone and intent behind it. He could call me a lazy slug with the same tone and I'd think he was looking for a fight, 'cracker' would just put more of an edge on it.

Unfortunately, most of the time when white people use the N word it has some kind of hate behind it.

My 2 cents.

NSFW!!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strawman argument there on guns. Dehumanizing is the first steps to mass murders etc. Murder and mass killing existed long before guns, they will exist long after.

The N word coming from a white person means something completely different than it coming from a black person. Just like me being called names based on my race or religion mean something completely different from people of my own "race" and or religion, much less from my friends.
Yeah... "strawman" gets thrown around an awfully lot on OSA. Saying the word doesn't make it so. :rolleyes2

I get that the "N" word is generally considered an insult, but you can't copyright a word to be allowed only by one race. Other races have plenty of insulting words for white folks too. And "Dehumanization" is an imaginary concept, just like "Politically Correct."

I'm not buying into the whole "white guilt" thing either. I never owned slaves, nor did my parents and grandparents. If you want to be treated equal, DON'T EXPECT SPECIAL TREATMENT IN ANY SITUATION.

As usual, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it doesn’t. Context drives the narrative. Are you so omniscient you know what’s in a “white person‘s” heart?

No, but I can read history books.

In my life time, I've heard a white person say it once with no ill intent. They had Alzheimers.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other races have plenty of insulting words for white folks too. And "Dehumanization" is an imaginary concept, just like "Politically Correct."

I never said other races didn't have insulting words for white folks. That isn't in question.

Dehumanization is not an imaginary concept. It's how people in Germany justified slaughtering millions of Jews. How the Japanese justified their actions in China, and POW camps, etc. How Europeans colonialism justified chattle slavery, how parts of the US justified lynchings, etc.

You don't do stuff like that because you think people on the other side are equal to you. You do it because you think you are superior, and they inferior animals.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I’ve read your racism in this thread. You judge all whites thru the lens of history.

Um, ok. That's a rather simplistic view. Especially since I've never implied, much less said all whites were racist. I think the whole concept of race is stupid.

Racism didn't even exists before the concept of race was invented in the late 1600's or early 1700's (I forget roughly). People killed each other for other stupid reasons such as religion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom