Norman High Girls Basketball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dehumanizing is the first steps to mass murders etc. Murder and mass killing existed long before guns, they will exist long after.
Then I take it all these white boys don't watch the news or entertainment outlets? Only one group can be openly targeted now, and it's accelerating.
The guy couldn't control his mouth, and will pay for it, all the crawdadding notwithstanding. But let's not pretend racism is a one way street, and we "still have a long way to go". Like it or not, tribalism and bigotry are what you're going to get when you try to make a "multicultural" country. And it ain't just blacks and whites.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dehumanization is not an imaginary concept. It's how people in Germany justified slaughtering millions of Jews. How the Japanese justified their actions in China, and POW camps, etc. How Europeans colonialism justified chattle slavery, how parts of the US justified lynchings, etc.

You don't do stuff like that because you think people on the other side are equal to you. You do it because you think you are superior, and they inferior animals.
Exactly (to the part in bold).

Because "you think" something (not you, per se)... so it's in your thoughts, imagination, or whatever you want to call it. It's not an action, though it can be behind actions just like any other delusion. That's why I said it's an imaginary concept. In reality, it does NOT make the other party any less human (however, there might be an argument that it makes the perpetrator less so).

IMO, it's much the same way "Politically Correctness" exists (weirdly, in someone's imagination). And no, I'm not saying they're the same thing either.

That's all I have. If it doesn't make sense to ya, then perhaps we can agree to disagree.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom