North Carolina gun store owner reacts to end of pistol permit requirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — Republican lawmakers in the North Carolina House of Representatives voted Wednesday to override Gov. Roy Cooper's veto of the pistol permit bill.

'I'm not a huge fan of it,' WNC gun store owner On Target reacts to end of pistol permit requirement

This means that a person no longer has to obtain a permit from their local sheriff’s office before they can purchase a handgun.
====
Read the attached file to see his thoughts in regards to the permit being a good thing.
=====
Direct Link to Article.

'I'm not a huge fan of it,' WNC gun store owner reacts to end ...

1680376885141.png

WLOS
https://wlos.com › news › local › im-not-a-huge-fan-o...

Attachments

• G North Carolina repeals handgun permit requirment.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good. I had to live with that for over 10 years. Homie's sad because he's not getting kickbacks anymore and his scheme he had going with the sheriff is over.

How about a link to the story vs a copy/paste?

'I'm not a huge fan of it,' WNC gun store owner reacts to end ...​

1680376885141.png
WLOS
https://wlos.com › news › local › im-not-a-huge-fan-o...

3 days ago — This means that a person no longer has to obtain a permit from their local sheriff's office before they can purchase a handgun. This is the ...

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, reading what this guy says hurts. There is so much wrong in there.

"Stucker said, in North Carolina, a person had to be a resident and purchase a permit from the local sheriff’s office to buy a handgun. Now, that has been abolished."
BUY A PERMIT FROM THE SHERIFF??? Hmmm. You still have to be a resident to purchase that handgun. I'm guessing that the Sheriff will have to find another revenue stream. And nothing says that they can't still use a permitting process, just not require it.

"Stucker said the FBI system is inherently slow, and that’s just using it for long guns. So, adding handguns into that system will slow people’s ability to purchase guns."
Really? I usually get results of a NICS check within minutes of submission.

"Stucker said he has had instances where he didn’t feel comfortable selling a person a gun. In the past, he has called the sheriff’s office when someone seemed not right mentally or maybe had ill intent.
On Target had the sheriff’s office investigate the would-be gun buyer a little more, but that’s not an option now. “So, now I just have to come up with a reason to turn a customer away,” Stucker said."
Really? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that the FFL was the last bastion of "personal decision making" in retail. If someone sets off alarm bells for any reason, the FFL can say "I'm not selling this to you" and you don't have to give a reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom