North Korea shoots missile over Japan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China isn't the only country out there we have, can, and do trade with. Cutting off our market to Chinese goods will be far more devastating to China than to us. Trust me. Amazon, Walmart, or any of the tech companies will find a way. It is business after all, and they are all entrepreneurs. Who knows! Maybe even our own manufacturers will rise up and stock our shelves with goods - maybe even help reduce the number of our unemployed.

Woody
This isn't exactly accurate ....true the US buys about 75% of what China produces as goods but I can promise you many many many food ingredients and chemicals that just aren't made here anymore. They ran the us out of the market on hundreds of items to the point we don't even have people making those items in the United States today. It would cause some serious heartburn if we shut off the spigot. They are already raising prices do to the new environmental regulations in China (most haven't made there way into the markets yet)

The problem is that we let them run so many companies out of business then we made doing business in the U.S. more difficult so much so that we just quit producing a lot of things and shuttered factories. Getting plants up and going again and making products would take something close to a war effort should we enter trade war with China. But if we are going to enter the trade war with them we need to play nice(er) with Canada and Mexico .

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An alternate plan (h/t Scott Adams) is to just take down one major Chinese bank. I assume we would find one that had links to trading with NK.
How exactly would this be done? What would the repercussions be? ...surely less damage to our economy than a total trade ban ...none of us on the board know enough to speculate about this stuff but that has never stopped us before!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really do not understand why we are not knocking them out of the sky. Wondering if it's because we can't or the technology isn't ready for prime time. One would sure think an anti missile missile would have been a priority to get working since the cold war.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really do not understand why we are not knocking them out of the sky. Wondering if it's because we can't or the technology isn't ready for prime time. One would sure think an anti missile missile would have been a priority to get working since the cold war.

They're ready. Not fool proof but ready.

I was making parts for the engines on the Aegis system 15 years ago and it was testing fine then. I think it's more of a not showing your hand sort of thing as they can tell very quickly where the intended target is by the trajectory. If there's no threat, there's no need to play any cards. Personally I'd like to put ships along his coast and let every one he shoots off rain back down on his head but that's probably not the smartest play.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Didn't Regan initiate the Star Wars program during his term? Seems a lot of the opposite party objected to it as well as the commies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom