Nose surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two nose surgeries in the past. I need another one sadly. I have two holes in my septum. I spoke to a plastic surgeon today about it via email and they won’t do the surgery anymore saying it’s too complex. His name is Ivan Wayne. He referred me to someone in Houston. I ain’t rich. I cannot afford to go to Houston to have a surgery. Do any of you guys know of a surgeon around here that would perform this surgery? I want this fixed once and for all. I am sick of dealing with it. Thanks.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yikes.... careful, man. Every time they mess with that, they damage more cartilage - don't want to end up like Michael. Sometimes just dealing with it may be preferable. I don't know what kind of problems you're having, but if your regular surgeon won't touch it anymore, there is a reason for that.

Good luck, my man.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nearly any ENT guy will do the job but they look at past surgeries also and weigh the benefits vs risks. Some times we are left without a sense of smell or in my case the foreign doctor took too much cartilage out and I had to go back in and they took a chunk of my rib cartilage to lift the nose somewhat. I'm sorry I let the foreign doc do the initial work.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
go to houston. those people at TX medical center made the yahoos here at OU Medical look like idiots
I would love to but I don’t have that kind of money. The Indians are gonna pay for what my insurance doesn’t but just coming up with the funds to go down there and stay over a week ain’t happening.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes.... careful, man. Every time they mess with that, they damage more cartilage - don't want to end up like Michael. Sometimes just dealing with it may be preferable. I don't know what kind of problems you're having, but if your regular surgeon won't touch it anymore, there is a reason for that.

Good luck, my man.
The ent doctor that did my last surgery said he couldn’t do the surgery. Like he didn’t know how. And I go sent to him by another doctor that said he couldn’t do a certain procedure. I guess some can do certain things. I was just looking plastic surgeons up on the internet to try and find one that is good that would do it. I have read that if I don’t get it fixed it will keep getting bigger. The largest hole is right above the very bottom of my nose. If it erodes much more there will only be skin holding it together between my nostrils.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you use antibiotics (oral, injections, or applied to the site)?

From what I understand, Staph and/or Strep infections can be a major issue with sores that won't heal.

Not a doctor, just a thought. Luck. :drunk2:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two nose surgeries in the past. I need another one sadly. I have two holes in my septum. I spoke to a plastic surgeon today about it via email and they won’t do the surgery anymore saying it’s too complex. His name is Ivan Wayne. He referred me to someone in Houston. I ain’t rich. I cannot afford to go to Houston to have a surgery. Do any of you guys know of a surgeon around here that would perform this surgery? I want this fixed once and for all. I am sick of dealing with it. Thanks.
I guy from Dennison or Sherman, did my surgery years back. He was a young guy that knew his stuff. Want me to find out who and if, he's still there? Plus, is north Tex too far?

Latest posts

Top Bottom