Nosler Brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8F92601E-57E5-4D73-A696-89BA512430F5.jpeg

Sent you a pm about lunch sometime somewhere

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Load one up and measure the neck with a round in it. Compare that to the drawing minimum diameter and see if you're chamber is is on the tight side. I"m betting you're going to have to run necks to get them to fit.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@PBramble

0.333 on the Hornady, 0.339 on the Nosler. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "running the necks. I'm assuming you mean trim the thickness?

If it helps this rifle has really tight tolerances. It's a custom rifle I got at Wanemacher's. I've shot it a few times, it shoots real well. I love it, it's just this Nosler brass that's giving me a headache.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@PBramble

0.333 on the Hornady, 0.339 on the Nosler. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "running the necks. I'm assuming you mean trim the thickness?

If it helps this rifle has really tight tolerances. It's a custom rifle I got at Wanemacher's. I've shot it a few times, it shoots real well. I love it, it's just this Nosler brass that's giving me a headache.
That is a big difference. Check SAMMI chamber specs and I bet you find that you need to turn the necks like mentioned.

delta6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
@PBramble

A quick cheat on neck thickness if you do not have the tools. Load a round (no powder). Pull the bullet and load it into your chamber. If the bolt drops with little or no effort that .006 is not your issue. If you have to pressure the bolt closed, sklfco posted some great tools to fix your problem.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A quick cheat on neck thickness if you do not have the tools. Load a round (no powder). Pull the bullet and load it into your chamber. If the bolt drops with little or no effort that .006 is not your issue. If you have to pressure the bolt closed, sklfco posted some great tools to fix your problem.

Yep, did that. I couldn't close the bolt...way too tight.
Have used new nosler inn.243 and .270 with no problems
It worked fine with my other rifles too which is why I was surprised when I had problems with the 300WSM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom