Nostalgia - Or, the I'm this old, thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was in Jr. High, they came out with what I will refer to as the original skateboard. It was literally a board about 2 feet long and maybe 5 inches wide with the wheels of a regular roller skate.

That created some boo-boo's as well. The sidewalk at the Jr. High building sloped downward towards the street and then made a turn to either left or right. I didn't corner so well, so my skateboarding "career" ended fairly early.

I found an image of one of the originals.

View attachment 319495View attachment 319495
I skateboarded on a 8x10 porch with something a little newer.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20221118_124912515.jpg
IMG_20221118_124926924.jpg

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tore apart one of my metal wheeled shoe skates, nailed the two halves to the bottom of a length of 2x4 then poured a bunch of house paint over the top of it . . . thus was born my 'new' skateboard 🖤

Did similar , except nailed a wood box at 1 end , nailed 2 short pcs on top of box ,left & right as handle bars....decorated with nailed on soda caps.....our scooters....which we raced........HA HA HA,,,,,,,I remember a time in grade school , my first so called girl-friend....going to her house on my scooter & having cookies & milk watching cartoons.....must have been around 7 , 1950.. ......Wow sure opened the MEMORY VAULT...... Thanks 4 The Ride.......

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first left the military I went to work for a Ford dealer In Philadelphia, PA selling new '55 Fords. As I recall Crown Vic's went for around $2800. The '56 Model had a 312 ci with a Paxton supercharger for like $75. more. Ah the good old days!

Wow close 2 home , i was 13 then , born & raised in South Philly.....u must B maybe 85.....Great .... i'll B 80 this month.....remember the cars well.....Are U still in the Area ???......many my old friends went to Koria , brought home thos Micky Mouse Boots......I did Nam got out in 70......I Salute U.......What dealer ship did U work at.....Don't get 2 C /' Talk 2 many guys from the old town .....NOT THE SAME AS IT WAS!!!!

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow close 2 home , i was 13 then , born & raised in South Philly.....u must B maybe 85.....Great .... i'll B 80 this month.....remember the cars well.....Are U still in the Area ???......many my old friends went to Koria , brought home thos Micky Mouse Boots......I did Nam got out in 70......I Salute U.......What dealer ship did U work at.....Don't get 2 C /' Talk 2 many guys from the old town .....NOT THE SAME AS IT WAS!!!!

????? GEEZE , this thread started pretty good....can't figure out how I got it STOPPED ???......Oh Well , Che Sara.....
Here's 1 that should bring a smile & perhaps resurect this thread.....Enjoy.....

Attachments

• german ad..mp4
    13.6 MB

Latest posts

Top Bottom