Nostalgia - Or, the I'm this old, thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You rotten person, you! Reminding me of one of my favorite meals that is no longer available!!! :cry11:

It's been at least 50 years since I got to eat at an A&W Rootbeer stand. And I wasn't driving yet when that happened. A&W in cans is decent root beer, but I don't believe it can compare to A&W on tap served in frozen mugs...
I remember going there (on Admiral) as a kid. Mug would have ice on it.

I also remember they'd sell burgers for like 10 cents on Thursdays. Mom would buy some and put them in the freezer. They didn't keep too well, lol.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember going there (on Admiral) as a kid. Mug would have ice on it.

I also remember they'd sell burgers for like 10 cents on Thursdays. Mom would buy some and put them in the freezer. They didn't keep too well, lol.
Momma Burger, Pappa Burger, Teen Burger and Baby Burger. As a preteen, I thought I was cool I could forgo the teen offering and order a full blown double meat Pappa Burger.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could go back in time the buy rent or building of a building would be an easy task.
I would be a time jumper there would be endless possibilities.

Or as we know Arizona is a good place to go and not worry about one rusting away

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True story, happened yesterday evening.

My 43 year old friend called me up and asked me if I could drive the care his kid just bought home from the dealership.

It's a beat up but restorable 1969 Camaro,,,
With Four in the Floor.

Apparently I'm the only person he knows who can drive a stick.

Aarond

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
While on patrol one night I came across a farm in western Barber County, KS. The farmer showed me his collection of 15 Ford Crown Victorias with the glass roof.

An example, not the cars.

1665603801192.png

1665603738630.png

They were all inside an enclosed milking barn that was not climate controlled but they were taken care of. I never saw the guy again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom