Not 100% certain but I believe I saw a Mountain Lion Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So its ok for someone to get on here for no other reason than to stir the pot or just to troll and flat out call people liars but i cant call someone an ******* or an idiot? I would have pm the mod that warned me about getting a warning but I dont know who it was.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was me. Sorry, I really did think my response would identify me. So, thanks for the heads up; now I know it does not identify the Mod by name, when another Mod, or I use this particular feature to try to bring some semblance of order to a volatile thread or discussion. Simply put; name calling is not allowed. I also PM'd the other party to the name calling and cautioned him as well. I prefer to handle minor infractions by PM or the "edit function" that I have when it seems reasonable to do so, in my opinion. I am not so quick to issue warnings or "points" when they just do not seem warranted to me. Now you know. I prefer further discussion of this , if any, be by PM between us, okay?

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Mr Brock you seem to be the resident know it all
My 78 year old dad and his neighbor both saw the large tan cat jump over the 5 ft chain link fence in broad daylight near 10th and Westminster just East of Midwest City
My old man is not a BS'r but keep running your mouth

Last edited:

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well Mr Brock you seem to be the resident know it all
My 78 year old dad and his neighbor both saw the large tan cat jump over the 5 ft chain link fence in broad daylight near 10th and Westminster just East of Midwest City
My old man is not a BS'r but keep running your mouth
Easy don't get your britches in a knot! He did say black mountain lions don't exist. See you say large TAN cat.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What people may be seeing are Jaguarundi a smaller version of a mountain lion . Back in the early 80's we had a 4000 acre lease by Boston Pool which is north of Cleveland Ok. We would regularly see a pretty big Black cat in the area. After viewing several animal books the Jaguarundi was the closest thing we could identify it as. They come in BLACK and are native to Texas. Not hard to imagine some traveling to Okla.
jaguarundi... thats my thought as well

CDBrock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mountain lions (Puma concolor), also commonly called cougars and pumas, are not officially recognized as Oklahoma wildlife.
i don't even know what you are trying to say there. do you mean to say they are not officially a designated game animal with a hunting season? the odwc has a complete section on their website regarding the animal, they are recognized. may want to get some better information than from wildlife whisperer in florida. (your source)

oh that's a nice article. the lack of any evidence supporting your claims is... expected, along with a picture of a black leopard. real convincing. did you read the part where the game warden said “You can’t always believe what your eyes are telling you." “I never try to tell anybody that they didn’t see what they thought they saw, but the melanistic gene does not exist in the mountain lion or the pumas or panthers or whatever you want to call the north American big cat,” Comer said.

Thank you for adding more support for my argument.

just because an animal walks in shadows, does not make it black. you can literally see the shadows making patterns on it.

you were never called a liar, just mistaken.

Latest posts

Top Bottom