Not 100% certain but I believe I saw a Mountain Lion Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man oh man guys. Look it up yourself. It's a scientific fact that mountain lions do not carry the gene for melanism. Geez. Never mind I won't waste my effort trying to educate. Peace out.
"Conversely, even though this species has the greatest native distribution range of any modern-day wild cat, occurring from the northernmost regions of North America to the southern tip of South America, the number of confirmed black pumas can be counted on the claws of one paw!

Not a single scientifically-confirmed preserved specimen exists. In 1843, a bona fide black puma was shot in the Carandahy River section of Brazil by professional hunter William Thomson, but regrettably its skin was not retained."

http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-truth-about-black-pumas-separating.html

Again... Never say never. ;)

Last edited:

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man oh man guys. Look it up yourself. It's a scientific fact that mountain lions do not carry the gene for melanism. Geez. Never mind I won't waste my effort trying to educate. Peace out.

Then tell us what in the hell large black cat does carry the gene for melanism? Scientifically speaking. You didnt try to educate ****. Just keep saying youre wrong youre wrong.
People like you piss me off more than anybody else. If I used the wrong term dont just tell me that Im wrong. Tell me the correct answer. Im on here to educate and learn above all else. I can tell you I have, in Garvin Co Oklahoma, seen on many, many instances, seen very large black cats. I do not give a **** if you call them a puma or a mountain lion or a large pussy. I was trying to further my education by learning exactly what it was and what the correct term was or even what kind of cat it was but ******like you make it hard for me to do anything but get pissed off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
one time me and my dad was going coon hunting. We seen in the headlights a big black cat run across the road. I looked at my dad and said did you see that? He said yup sure did. I said we should put the dogs on it. We turn around let the dogs out and sicked the dogs on it. They where off and running they caught it on the ground we could hear them fighting it. Caught up to them and they had caught and almost killed a big black lab. I would of swore it was a big black cat.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
one time me and my dad was going coon hunting. We seen in the headlights a big black cat run across the road. I looked at my dad and said did you see that? He said yup sure did. I said we should put the dogs on it. We turn around let the dogs out and sicked the dogs on it. They where off and running they caught it on the ground we could hear them fighting it. Caught up to them and they had caught and almost killed a big black lab. I would of swore it was a big black cat.
Some of the other posters in here saw something similar.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the early 70's, riding the school bus early one morning, we all saw a large black cat walking across a wide open pasture. The bus driver stopped in the middle of the road and we all watched it till it went out of sight. Yes this cat was black, and very black at that! What made this cat really stand out was it's size and it's 4 foot long or longer tail. This was out in the country in Craig County.

Also in the early 70's, an old timer brought to mountain lion cubs to the police station where my dad worked at. He said he "found" them in a small rock cave, but I have no idea where it was at. Game and Fish and one of the guys from the sheriff's department, returned the two cubs where the guy said he found them at.

They may not be seen buy once in a great while, but we do have big cats around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom