Not a Dumb question, but certainly one out of ignorance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too Funny.

And now for the actual "Stupid question" What about purchasing a pre-ban semi and converting it? I assume a no-no, but could anyone say, without a doubt, that the conversion was pre or post ban?

I can see it now; "Yes officer this is a pre-ban Kriss Super V"..... :P

If it's not in the registry, then it's contraband.

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too Funny.

And now for the actual "Stupid question" What about purchasing a pre-ban semi and converting it? I assume a no-no, but could anyone say, without a doubt, that the conversion was pre or post ban?

Transferrable MG's are all registered so the new "pre-ban" would not be on the list.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too Funny.

As others have already said, in order for you to own a machinegun it would have to have been manufactured AND registered with ATF's NFA Branch before May 19, 1986. Anything made after that date can only be owned by military and LE agencies.

As for prices of transferable machineguns, check here: http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/

Here is the price chart for an M16A1
www.machinegunpriceguide.com_assets_images_db_images_db_M16A11.gif

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK not to hijack thread....answers are sufficient...but Could you put a trigger on a ...weapon ....similar to the double fingered ones on paintball guns?,.......or would that be a Really Dumb question.?
I know about the slide fire stocks and such.
Whatll ya'll think?... ;)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may also have to form a corporation or a trust to be the registered owner; some county sheriffs (and I think Tulsa County is one of them) refuse to sign the required paperwork.

Good point. The previous under sheriff (who only signed off on forms for his cronies) has moved on to a different career (head of GRDA police). But given that the Sheriff and DA remain the same, I bet the office still retains the same policies.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom