Not a good way to spend a Friday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
Went to ER Tuesday afternoon with kidney stone pains. CT scan showed 10mm stone. Definitely not gonna pass that one. Big dose of morphine and set up retrieval procedure for Friday. All in all not that bad but the stent they left in hurts bad. My 4th stone removal. 1 by open surgery (1977), 2 by retrieval (2010,2012) and 1 by sonic blasting (2011). Taking meds to prevent them but evidently not working.
I was just in to see urologist in January so this thing grew to 10mm size in a matter of months. Taking medicine to ease pain during urination. Looks like orange kool-aid when I go.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They're not caused by your diet? I had a bout with them 10 tears ago and we traced it to the Atkins diet I was following.Too much protein.Quit the diet and no stones since.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having them sent for analysis could help. I'm guessing they did when they did the surgery... but there are many different types - uric acid, calcium oxylate, phosphate, etc. Then dietary or medication adjustments could be made accordingly.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never had them, I do have Gout, my wife has them. Big ones too like you've had. She's had all those type treatments, so I know what your going through, and I know the pain is horrible, I've seen my wife given morphine, an it just barely masks the pain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom