Not black, but…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this isn’t the most clear picture, but this sure looks like a cat with a long tail. Some might say it’s the cat’s other leg, but it would be odd for both legs to be back like that because it doesn’t appear to be running. Sure looks like a juvenile mountain lion to me.

Thoughts?

This pic is from my cell cam but I’ve got two trail cases on that trail he is coming from, so hoping one of them caught him as well.

67927DAF-5E3D-426C-B17A-B23D761460C0.jpeg

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really hard to say. I zoomed in on it and its still not clear enough to tell if that is its tail or the right rear leg. Looks like a pretty good size kitty regardless. Through out some catnip and see if it plays with it :D

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to see, but the front legs look to me like they're not in sync, which should mean that it's not running, which, in turn, means that it should have the front left leg in sync with the right rear. The front left leg looks like it's forward, so the right rear should also be forward, so that's probably not the other leg we see at the rear, but a tail. That also follows--if the cat were running, the tail would be more horizontal, acting as a rudder/stabilizer.

That picture is so blurry that it's hard to say anything for certain, but that sure looks like a pretty big long-tailed cat to me.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Place a large box in front of a trail cam. Trust me any cat in the area will try to sit in it. :P

Even tigers like to sit in boxes for some reason. Just make sure the box is open top and not tall enough to cover the cat.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you able to pull sd card from that cam for a clearer picture?
I think it could be a coyote. It is just to blurry for me.
Unfortunately the SD card pics aren’t any clearer.

And my 14 yo daughter immediately said it was a coyote. After she pointed out why, I’m thinking that she might be right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom