Not For Squeamish - Spider got me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh stop it, nobody is winning Darwin awards here. You're making a big old mountain out of a little tiny molehill.

And no, it's not after the fact, and no I'm not speaking Google here. I'm speaking from LONG experience with these little bastards. Certain people with certain skin and hair types are much more susceptible to these than others, and I unfortunately happen to be one of those people. I'm not bragging when I say I probably know more about them than most doctors (and believe me, I wish I didn't). Needless to say if I went running to the doctor every time I got one I would probably be an immunocompromised wreck by now. By understanding what they are and how I can naturally strengthen my immune system I've dramatically reduced the number I get, and the severity, and I've also been able to effectively treat the few that I do get nowadays, without the use of antibiotics.

OP's photos and description told me all I needed to know, and I gave him some very sound advice based on lots of personal experience and research. If you want to go spend hundreds of dollars on a crackerjack PA who's just going to kneejerk prescribe antibiotics (and probably the wrong ones to boot) be my guest. OP came here looking for advice, and I had a very informed opinion to offer him. I'm not about to apologize for that, and I certainly don't appreciate your hostility or uninformed flailing arguments that obviously have more to do with your warm feelings towards the medical establishment than your actual knowledge on the subject. You've obviously not suffered from these like some of us have, so I suggest you just be glad for that and keep your trap shut when those of us who have are speaking with some hard earned authority on the subject. Your appeals to authority and childish scare tactics are not appreciated!

And forgive me if I don't share your worshipful admiration of the retail medical community, but it's their pathologically irresponsible behavior for decades now that has led to my predicament with these things. It's been known for a very long time now that their overuse of antibiotics was creating these superbugs, and yet they continued to do it anyways. Leading to MRSA and the needless suffering of people such as myself who are prone to getting these simply because we were born with course hair follicles. And that's to say nothing of people who are immunocompromised and get a lot more than just a little boil.
“I'm not bragging when I say I probably know more about them than most doctors (and believe me, I wish I didn't).”

lol, thanks for the chuckle.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh stop it, nobody is winning Darwin awards here. You're making a big old mountain out of a little tiny molehill.

And no, it's not after the fact, and no I'm not speaking Google here. I'm speaking from LONG experience with these little bastards. Certain people with certain skin and hair types are much more susceptible to these than others, and I unfortunately happen to be one of those people. I'm not bragging when I say I probably know more about them than most doctors (and believe me, I wish I didn't). Needless to say if I went running to the doctor every time I got one I would probably be an immunocompromised wreck by now. By understanding what they are and how I can naturally strengthen my immune system I've dramatically reduced the number I get, and the severity, and I've also been able to effectively treat the few that I do get nowadays, without the use of antibiotics.

OP's photos and description told me all I needed to know, and I gave him some very sound advice based on lots of personal experience and research. If you want to go spend hundreds of dollars on a crackerjack PA who's just going to kneejerk prescribe antibiotics (and probably the wrong ones to boot) be my guest. OP came here looking for advice, and I had a very informed opinion to offer him. I'm not about to apologize for that, and I certainly don't appreciate your hostility or uninformed flailing arguments that obviously have more to do with your warm feelings towards the medical establishment than your actual knowledge on the subject. You've obviously not suffered from these like some of us have, so I suggest you just be glad for that and keep your trap shut when those of us who have are speaking with some hard earned authority on the subject. Your appeals to authority and childish scare tactics are not appreciated!

And forgive me if I don't share your worshipful admiration of the retail medical community, but it's their pathologically irresponsible behavior for decades now that has led to my predicament with these things. It's been known for a very long time now that their overuse of antibiotics was creating these superbugs, and yet they continued to do it anyways. Leading to MRSA and the needless suffering of people such as myself who are prone to getting these simply because we were born with course hair follicles. And that's to say nothing of people who are immunocompromised and get a lot more than just a little boil.

I get it, you're a legend in your own mind regarding pimples, and by god you're leading a crusade. Good for you, and bless your heart there Dr Pimple Popper. You're missing the point that you've argued yourself into a corner. You see, MRSA kills like 20,000 a year and responsible for for120,000 blood borne infections per the CDC. Which again, doesn't matter of the cause, spider bite or "boil" you should probably get it checked out.

https://m.ufhealth.org/news/2021/uf...-twice-mortality-rate-adults-without-bacteria

Granted this isn't as concrete as a sample of one with anecdotes but it seems it should be obvious that if you're right, there's even MORE reason to have it checked. Pesky science and facts.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get it, you're a legend in your own mind regarding pimples, and by god you're leading a crusade. Good for you, and bless your heart there Dr Pimple Popper. You're missing the point that you've argued yourself into a corner. You see, MRSA kills like 20,000 a year and responsible for for120,000 blood borne infections per the CDC. Which again, doesn't matter of the cause, spider bite or "boil" you should probably get it checked out.

https://m.ufhealth.org/news/2021/uf...-twice-mortality-rate-adults-without-bacteria

Granted this isn't as concrete as a sample of one with anecdotes but it seems it should be obvious that if you're right, there's even MORE reason to have it checked. Pesky science and facts.
You have it backwards. Boils don't cause MRSA overgrowth on the skin, boils are caused by MRSA overgrowth on the skin.

And MRSA overgrowth on the skin is caused by a weak microbiome, which is caused by chemicals in soaps and body washes, antibiotics, poor diets, etc. Nothing they're going to do for you at a walk in clinic, or even a hospital, is going to help regenerate your microbiome. On the contrary, they're likely to do a lot of stuff that's going to hurt it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Look what I found in my tumbler this evening! Must be an imposter of some kind though, only 7 legs lol.

20210715_101055.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have it backwards. Boils don't cause MRSA overgrowth on the skin, boils are caused by MRSA overgrowth on the skin.

And MRSA overgrowth on the skin is caused by a weak microbiome, which is caused by chemicals in soaps and body washes, antibiotics, poor diets, etc. Nothing they're going to do for you at a walk in clinic, or even a hospital, is going to help regenerate your microbiome. On the contrary, they're likely to do a lot of stuff that's going to hurt it.

No, that's you arguing with yourself again because I didn't say anything of the like. You've been insisting on the significance of MRSA infections all throughout the thread and I've furthered your point by showing their fatality and infection considerations, implying that sitting at home isn't a good idea for most.

Latest posts

Top Bottom