Not For Squeamish - Spider got me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been bit by the Brown Recluse and my younger son has been bit at least 4 times by them.
He is a spider magnet.
Hot fire poker is what all of our bites first felt like.
Then just very hot and like a really strong wasp sting.
And itchy.

We got antibiotics of I do not know the name of it.
But that fixed us up.

He has built a bit of immunity to their bites.

It could be you just did not feel it and it is rotting the flesh from the inside.

But to me it does not look like a spider bite.
Looks like something DR Pimple Popper would have emptied.

Here is a medium read on the Brown Recluse .

https://www.medicinenet.com/remedy_stops_brown_recluse_spider_bite_necrosis-news.htm
I like this part of it.

In other words, the brown recluse venom seems to work by messing up the chemistry of your cells. The venom enzyme breaks apart the fatty acids your cells need to live and heal.

Schulze was treating those elbow pit bites in the recommended way, hoping they would clear up before turning into necrotic lesions, but he had no such luck, he said.

The lesions were spreading, and the intense itching woke him up one night, which is when he noticed trichloroacetic acid (TCA) on his medicine cabinet shelf. This is a common wart and skin tag remover, also used in chemical skin peels.

But by virtue of his medical expertise, Schulze knew trichloroacetic acid also denatures proteins and is used for this in laboratory settings. He painted some on the lesions, and it cleared up his spider bites over a couple weeks with no scarring. This treatment worked not only on the first bites, but ones he sustained later on several occasions – early application even prevented lesions from forming in the first place, he said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom