Not For Squeamish - Spider got me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was considering getting a small glass cup and a match because the damn thing wasn't coming to a head. I was going to light the match and throw it inside the glass cup then slam it on the spot. The oxygen would be burned up in the cup creating a vacuum thus drawing the stuff upward. The problem was I didn't have a glass cup and even if I did I couldn't reach the spot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah fiddleback, go have it checked out. Couple of close friends about waited too long and lost a big piece of his right calf and the other guy lost a big chunk out of his lower back. It's pretty common to not feel a fiddleback bite, neither of my friends had any idea until the swelling started and the circle around the bite area. Need to go have the necrosis taken care of soon.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a thread here many, many moons ago about a spider bite I had on my thigh ... "On my thigh" was a euphemism for "dangerously close to my lady parts". Good God what an adventure. I finally wound up at a doctor's office. You need to do the same ... But since you've drained it, until you get to the doctor for some antibiotics and some more steroids, you need to get some gauze and pack that thing. It ain't gonna be fun but you will thank me later.

https://advancedtissue.com/2016/09/how-to-pack-and-re-pack-wounds-from-start-to-finish/
Or just run up to Urgent Care. Lol

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn the bad luck! Since you won't be doing much of anything with all of your weapons, I thought maybe..... Seriously, I've seen what you described as cupping. It's like a shot glass and a bit of alcohol around the rim, light it up and put in on the offending area.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah fiddleback, go have it checked out. Couple of close friends about waited too long and lost a big piece of his right calf and the other guy lost a big chunk out of his lower back. It's pretty common to not feel a fiddleback bite, neither of my friends had any idea until the swelling started and the circle around the bite area. Need to go have the necrosis taken care of soon.

+1. I also have a couple of friends who have had fiddleback bites. Neither one of them realized they had been bitten at the time. One got it on the back of the hand with little permanent damage. The other one lost a hunk of tissue (flesh and muscle) the size of my fist. Get it checked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom