Not gun related, but…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Crap....I had chicken tonight.

I fixed a pot of Navy beans with sliced fresh jalapenos, bacon, and onions. Then some fried potatoes, corn bread and sliced onions on the side.

Poor folks have poor ways!

Good Ole Okie food for a cold night.

Couple of corndogs for me --- so, turn that frown upside down!!

Oh well, at least the air fryer does a good job on things like this.

Beef stew and cornbread here. I ain't complaining!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Years ago in the 70s I had a neighbor who was a butcher. He refused to eat anything beef that was freshly cut until it turned brown. To him, "aged beef" was the only way to go for his taste buds.

My Homeland in Pryor had the same deal in their online add on steaks that ended tonight, picked up a few. Also had Pork Butts at $1.99/lb which I do not see very often in this area any more. I have 4 frozen for later. New add just came out for Wed tomorrow to next Tues. Only thing I see worthwhile is Rump Roast $3.99 lb and 80% GB $2.99/lb in 10lb chubs. I will be close to there Friday (23miles away) I might pick up one for some chili, smash burgers, and dog food to freeze.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Forgals- poor or not, that’s sounds pretty dang good.

Xseler- I’ve eaten an embarrassing amount of those prepared that exact way. Delicacy in its own right.
The "Poor folks have poor ways", was a tongue in cheek thing. I actually like beans, cornbread, etc.

Back when I was young I worked with an old man that had been a merchant marine, and when we would go to a restaurant to eat, and the restaurant would have beans on the menu, he would pass up steak or pork chops on the menu for beans. He loved beans.

Beans, beans, the musical fruit......the more you eat, the more you toot.......... the more you toot, the better you feel...............................so let's have beans for every meal.

Last edited:

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On the subject of beans...........Had a Mexican fellow tell me this joke.

Do know why Mexicans can't barbecue worth a darn? ...................................................................The frijoles always fall through the grates. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom