Not my week..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stuff went wrong all day yesterday at work. Nothing big, just one little hiccup after another. When I stopped for gas, smokes, and beer on the way home...my debit card was declined. What the hell?

Yeah, somebody in Florida cleared out my checking account. Ok, just an inconvenience, right? So I call the bank to refute the charges, and the automated system advertises a long wait time.. But the damn auto call back feature isn't working. Ok, no big deal. Est wait time 45 minutes. 15 min later, the auto system comes back on to advertise the call back feature that STILL doesn't work, and oh yeah..... Your wait time is now est. 67 minutes!! What the phuc?!?!

Bought a new pair of work pants that only have 5 belt loops instead of 6. Dropped the kids off at the pool this morning... And when I stood up my protac hl took a dive. PHUUUUUUCK. That's just nasty

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stuff went wrong all day yesterday at work. Nothing big, just one little hiccup after another. When I stopped for gas, smokes, and beer on the way home...my debit card was declined. What the hell?

Yeah, somebody in Florida cleared out my checking account. Ok, just an inconvenience, right? So I call the bank to refute the charges, and the automated system advertises a long wait time.. But the damn auto call back feature isn't working. Ok, no big deal. Est wait time 45 minutes. 15 min later, the auto system comes back on to advertise the call back feature that STILL doesn't work, and oh yeah..... Your wait time is now est. 67 minutes!! What the phuc?!?!

Bought a new pair of work pants that only have 5 belt loops instead of 6. Dropped the kids off at the pool this morning... And when I stood up my protac hl took a dive. PHUUUUUUCK. That's just nasty
And this is exactly why you shouldn't own a debit card. You are out of the money until the bank figures out what they want to do.
A credit card doesn't hold up your money when fraud happens.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I stopped for gas, smokes, and beer on the way home...my debit card was declined. What the hell?
I prefer cash, never had a debit and dont have a atm card anymore!
Dropped the kids off at the pool this morning...
Lol, I had 1/4" of ice in the cows water this morning!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use my ATM card anywhere and after this story I think I'll shred it, if it isn't used, why carry it and risk losing my wallet and someone on Stimulus payments picks it up and does what they do best...

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this is exactly why you shouldn't own a debit card. You are out of the money until the bank figures out what they want to do.
A credit card doesn't hold up your money when fraud happens.
I hear what your saying, but that temporary lending structure isn't a balancing beam I like to be on. It seems silly to pay interest in exchange for convenience, and I don't live a lifestyle that would take advantage of rewards programs and such. I use a pre-paid visa for paying online bills and so forth, so whoever did it only got about $100. Counting myself lucky for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom