Not sold in stores.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!
I never understood being buried in the dirt in a cemetery.
Donate the dead body to science and nothing to get rid of.. or fry it into ashes and scatter them or whatever.
But to take up a plot of land that must be maintained around your dead butt makes ZERO sense.
You are a continuing burden.
And the body is not you after you are dead.. it is just meat and bones and hair.
I say get the boat coffin but make it from wood and launch and light it on fire.

When i was younger in my teens we talked about what to do with our bodies. I wanted to be cut up and fed to the sharks in the ocean.. Kind of a payback for all the fish I have eaten.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice!
I never understood being buried in the dirt in a cemetery.
Donate the dead body to science and nothing to get rid of.. or fry it into ashes and scatter them or whatever.
But to take up a plot of land that must be maintained around your dead butt makes ZERO sense.
You are a continuing burden.
And the body is not you after you are dead.. it is just meat and bones and hair.
I say get the boat coffin but make it from wood and launch and light it on fire.

When i was younger in my teens we talked about what to do with our bodies. I wanted to be cut up and fed to the sharks in the ocean.. Kind of a payback for all the fish I have eaten.

Graves, burials, and funerary services aren't as much for the deceased person as they are for their loved ones.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Graves, burials, and funerary services aren't as much for the deceased person as they are for their loved ones.

Ed Zachary... funerals are for the survivors. I say eff 'em, they can grieve how they want, but leave me out of it. Anyone who goes into debt for a funeral is... well, I won't pass too much judgement, I just think it's one of the dumbest things in life (haha) to spend money on. I feel the same about weddings - people spend $20k, $50k and more to marry off their daughters. Screw that, man. Unbelievably wasteful, IMNSHO. I realize to some people it might be worth it, but dang sure not to me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ed Zachary... funerals are for the survivors. I say eff 'em, they can grieve how they want, but leave me out of it. Anyone who goes into debt for a funeral is... well, I won't pass too much judgement, I just think it's one of the dumbest things in life (haha) to spend money on. I feel the same about weddings - people spend $20k, $50k and more to marry off their daughters. Screw that, man. Unbelievably wasteful, IMNSHO. I realize to some people it might be worth it, but dang sure not to me

This.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be pretty sweet caojyn.
Wife's live mother and and dead grandmother gave their bodies to science.
No body to get rid of and no funeral.
I don't need a stinking funeral.
I told my wife do not contact anyone when i die except our kids and my fishing buddy. that is it.
No funerals for us.

I agree waste of money.
But some do have money and if a funeral is needed to get closure for some folks that is fine also.
I do not need it for closure.

And my marriage cost me 800 bucks total ..that included the ring the dress the rental of the place and rental of the pool and preacher boy and all the beer and whiskey that everyone liked and more food than could be eaten.
Do things yourself and it is pretty cheap.
I do not have a ring but wife got a 3/4 carrot diamond on a gold ring.
My younger son got off even cheaper.

I am not into jewelry for myself.. guys with jewelry is another silly thing in my mind.
But we each have opinions.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL I have told my wife when i die have a shotgun funeral, have me cremated and load me into shotshells and let my friends and family blow me into the winds.
As far as my wedding I paid the preacher $20 to come to my house and have the wedding and used a bandaid as the wifes ring told her if it worked then she could get a ring later at a pawn shop.
And yes im a cheap bastard when it comes to things thats not that important.